• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FanExpo Philadelphia - June 2-4, 2023 - Pennsylvania Convention Center
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Why isn't this show on CGC's attending list?  Seems like a lot of celeb's signing and a large enough city for them to be there.  Fox, Lloyd, and Wilson aren't going to every fan expo city this year.

On 4/4/2023 at 1:06 PM, jgood8g said:

Why isn't this show on CGC's attending list?  Seems like a lot of celeb's signing and a large enough city for them to be there.  Fox, Lloyd, and Wilson aren't going to every fan expo city this year.

It would be nice if CGC were attending.

There will be some well known comic creators there: 

https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpophiladelphia/comic-creators/

On 5/1/2023 at 8:25 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

I've never been to this show; how is the comic portion of it in regards to dealers? I can't tell if it's more celebrity centric.

Like most Fan Expos, it's not heavy into comics; it's pops and toys and t-shirts and that sort of thing. That being said, I'll be there set up and I know of at least a half dozen other comic dealers that will be there. Last year, there was a decent range of modern to gold.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:32 PM, MichaelM said:

Just saw Dan Slott and Joe Quesada on this list.  Any ideas on CGC getting in on this one being so close to the date?

While CGC is not going to be there, there was at least one dealer last year that was witnessing and submitting. I would assume this year is no different.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, RCheli said:

Like most Fan Expos, it's not heavy into comics; it's pops and toys and t-shirts and that sort of thing. That being said, I'll be there set up and I know of at least a half dozen other comic dealers that will be there. Last year, there was a decent range of modern to gold.

Thanks @RCheli I'm looking forward to hitting you up. 

On 5/24/2023 at 5:10 PM, RCheli said:

Just a little over a week away. It looks like there will be more comic dealers here than last year, so that should make everyone happy.

I can't find a list of retailers on the site but I'm happy to hear this from ya, only going 1 day so will make the best of it 

I took this because a guy standing near me was complaining to whomever he was with about graded concert posters. (I had been oblivious that some were graded and just wanted to see the James Brown poster) He was ranting, "now it's concert posters getting graded! when I sold all of mine a few years ago! of course!!" 

IMG_7066.jpeg

I also ran into a guy with a homemade Stan Lee mask who did a credible voice impression. He'd just been going up to people, some of them baffled, shouting "Excelsior!" and I was told went up to harass an unbemused Joe Quesada, which I wish I would have photographed.

IMG_6955.jpeg