• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's raining Byrne!
1 1

59 posts in this topic

52 Byrne pieces on Heritage ( link ) right now and the best bunch of vintage Byrne pieces on ebay that I can remember ( XMen 130 link XMen 124 link PMIF 50 link IF 3 Link ) if you are a Byrne fan you have many a target. With that many options there could even be a deal to be had ; ) 

I don't know the sellers... I just can't remember there every being this many pieces up for grabs.

Good luck to all you potential buyers, looks like that one ebay seller is going to be very happy!!!

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 3/15/2023 at 10:03 AM, g-man said:

xmen 124 page over $50k on da bay. 

If I have my math right the seller will pay less than he would on Heritage (approx 13% on first 7500, then 2.35% on the remainder)... less than half of HA's lowest selling fee of 7.5% (or whatever it is these days for items over $50K)

On 3/15/2023 at 4:47 AM, gumbydarnit said:

52 Byrne pieces on Heritage ( link ) right now and the best bunch of vintage Byrne pieces on ebay that I can remember ( XMen 130 link XMen 124 link PMIF 50 link IF 3 Link ) if you are a Byrne fan you have many a target. With that many options there could even be a deal to be had ; ) 

I don't know the sellers... I just can't remember there every being this many pieces up for grabs.

Good luck to all you potential buyers, looks like that one ebay seller is going to be very happy!!!

The X-men 124 page with Storm is the reason my brother and I anxiously awaited each riveting issue with allowance in hand as youths. EBay is 🗑 but I'll admit it's nice to see these here instead of HA..... it reminds me of early 2000's when you would go through at least 10 full pages of quality art, no "reproductions, acetates, she hulk drawings catered to feet and bust fetishists. and Jake Kilbey splashes in the manner and likeness of the artist.

As far as deals go, I'm afraid these pages are being pounded just like any other auction. I really appreciate that X-men 124 page just apex Byrne greatness.

On 3/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, KirbyCollector said:

If I have my math right the seller will pay less than he would on Heritage (approx 13% on first 7500, then 2.35% on the remainder)... less than half of HA's lowest selling fee of 7.5% (or whatever it is these days for items over $50K)

Maybe, maybe not.  Some sellers pay a lower % on HA.

Furthermore, the EBay seller must use PayPal, which also adds to the cost of the transaction for the seller

On 3/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

Not saying that there is a anything fishy going on, but it's odd a low selling account would be listing items of that magnitude on eBay. Heritage, Comiclink, etc.  would be the way to go, if for nothing else, buyer confidence. 

I wouldn't worry so much about the seller due to his ratings + Paypal's buyer protections... I would sweat out how well he packs his art, though. Just got a package from overseas, the seller used 4 pieces of thin packing box cardboard (2 on each side)... needless to say the package was creased, and the art as well. Just a $500 piece, but a good reminder to ask unknowns the packing questions before finalizing a sale...

On 3/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, vodou said:

Not PayPal any longer, eBay has their own internal processor -still fees are the same or higher.

Yep—just to add to that—a buyer can pay with PayPal but it no longer lands in the seller’s PP account. Money is held in seller’s eBay account then directly deposited to a bank account at the seller’s discretion. The selling fees go higher every year though. 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:12 AM, vodou said:

Still…not the standard 30% drag that Heritage attaches…

If you have a higher value item/items with an aggregated value (via their own valuation metrics) of $50K+, HA's fee is much, much lower.

Edited by KirbyCollector