• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showtime's GATTACA series (TBD)

11 posts in this topic

Sources say new Showtime boss Chris McCarthy is a big fan of the 1997 dystopian movie and hopes the update from Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa has franchise potential.

Homeland duo Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa may be heading back to Showtime.

The Sony Pictures TV-based duo is teaming with Craig Borten (Dallas Buyers Club) to develop an adaptation of the 1997 dystopian movie Gattaca for the premium cable network. Sources say the project is being eyed with a sizable commitment at the Paramount Global-backed cabler and marks the first new project to be developed since Chris McCarthy added oversight of Showtime to his purview.

Reps for Showtime and Sony TV declined comment as deals have yet to close.

Thinking about it, they can play this from the investigation angle (e.g. just like Homeland) for genetic impostors, and then also from the genetic impostor perspective just like in the movie.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, kimik said:

Awesome! One of my favourite movies of all time. It would be easy to turn it into a streaming series.

After I posted this later at night I rewatched the movie.

Man, this film has so many emotions it brings out: Sadness for a possible disconnected future, sadness for the journey the lead goes through, inspiration how all his efforts paid off, joy with the indirect support he received from the janitorial supervisor and doctor hiding what they knew already. Even the mission leader knew something was up, but held back calling out what he suspected.

A really solid film all around. ^^

On 3/21/2023 at 9:39 AM, ThothAmon said:

One of my faves. Because of this movie I’m very particular with my dna. 

Vacuum your keyboard!

On 3/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

After I posted this later at night I rewatched the movie.

Man, this film has so many emotions it brings out: Sadness for a possible disconnected future, sadness for the journey the lead goes through, inspiration how all his efforts paid off, joy with the indirect support he received from the janitorial supervisor and doctor hiding what they knew already. Even the mission leader knew something was up, but held back calling out what he suspected.

A really solid film all around. ^^

Which streaming service has this film now?