• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM She-Hulk #1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Not that I would ever bother sending this in. This is more of a grading exercise. What do you guys think something like this would do to the grade of a book if everything else was perfect? To be honest I'm not even quite sure what caused it. Could it even be a manufacturing thing? Thanks! 

s-l1600.png

s-l1600 (1).png

On 3/15/2023 at 11:44 PM, scburdet said:

Show a back cover and end-on shot of the top. It kind of looks like distributor ink

I just bought this in a bundle of She-Hulk 1 through 6 for 10 bucks lol . I already had 1 and 2 but need 3-6 and this was cheaper than all the other options so I grabbed it anyway. Saw this defect and it got me curious. When the package arrives I'll post more pictures but for now these are the best ones I've got. The first She-Hulk 1 I bought looked absolutely gorgeous until I opened it and found a 1 inch spine split. And then my second time examining it the bottom staple detached! (Turns out it's fairly common with this issue. MCS has like 20 copies with 1 inch spine split, detached staple, or both.) Looks like it's my destiny to collect weird and broken She-Hulk #1s! lol 

Need back cover pics for a true grade assessment.

I will say though that it won't get a 9.9-10.0. As an uncommon manufacturing defect I would think 9.4/9.6 were everything else perfect.

Thanks for posting.

Whoops, forgot to update. Got the book in and examined it, it was definitely overspray but it looks like the paint somehow lifted the color, exposing the white paper. Is that a common thing for overspray? Would CGC generally treat that as still a part of the manufacturing defect or would it be a separate (non-production) defect?