• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would CGC notice?
1 1

Staples  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will the graders notice the staples prior to opening the book?

• Yes
    • The grader is going to tear the cover clean off
    • Pass the crack

14 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2023 at 2:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Were I to submit this book, what do you think the chances are that CGC tears the cover clean off before noticing the staples?  Would you add a note to the submission?:insane:

• 80%
  • Only if you really want it graded. If you're doing a science experiment, then no. But ... I guess the graders don't follow these Boards?

On 3/17/2023 at 2:35 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:
  • 80%
  • Only if you really want it graded. If you're doing a science experiment, then no. But ... I guess the graders don't follow these Boards?

I collect extreme QP nightmares.  This is the worst staple placement I’ve seen.  I’m curious the impact on grade, but also curious if it would make it past the grading table.    :popcorn:

On 3/17/2023 at 2:39 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I collect extreme QP nightmares.  This is the worst staple placement I’ve seen.  I’m curious the impact on grade, but also curious if it would make it past the grading table.    :popcorn:

These are the original staple placements? I thought you put them in because you don't think anyone should read about some lame hero named Torpedo ...

On 3/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

These are the original staple placements? I thought you put them in because you don't think anyone should read about some lame hero named Torpedo ...

Not to take away from the practical application of additional staples, but these are original. 

On 3/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Another book that might tag along a submission, is this one.  My curiousity  here lies in whether the URC gets encapsulated into the seam of the inner well :insane:

422ACF7A-3414-4A51-BA8B-CE6FAFC9A61F.thumb.jpeg.c7a4c1f47859dc03cf3f99005ebdf2ce.jpeg

"The Blind Leading The Blind" line getting sliced off due to asleep-at-the-wheel production is just chef's-kiss perfect!

On 3/17/2023 at 3:38 PM, Point Five said:

"The Blind Leading The Blind" line getting sliced off due to asleep-at-the-wheel production is just chef's-kiss perfect!

It really is :grin:

There was a second copy with this one is a collection. Almost the same without the pink defect urc.   Should have bought both 

73CF1DEB-AE14-4447-88FD-915C2FA65EFF.jpeg.363e4ed27e7e516b89e3c6b32c5952bf.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER