• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cover Stitch Restoration?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I purchased this book years ago at an auction and they didn't know what or why this was done.  I am assuming it was to keep the book from falling apart?   Has anyone ever seen this type of restoration before?  If so was it common at one point or do I just have a very strange copy of a book?

image.thumb.jpeg.a6548fd113cc5ba69d37fa4fe8ef2050.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25ceeb02fe98ebd859181d1e63155afe.jpeg

Someone practising their machining skills on a very strange candidate. I'd say what's done is done and this is now a part of the books history. I suspect you will have savage regrets if you fiddle with or try to remove this stitching. Far more than the stitches will be coming off that book! As those tiny fragments of vintage paper start raining down you will want the earth to swallow you up whole! Best left as is now after all this time! Cool book, even with its odd binding!

Edited by LowGradeBronze