• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How can you get CGC to recognize a ‘new’ error?

2 posts in this topic

I pulled an error (not that one) on an unlimited fossil Zapdos back in the 90s. Recently, I’ve searched eBay for the same error and have seen around 10. I’ve bought three more. It isn’t recognized as an error, yet. Coincidentally, the Pokellector app uses this error card for their picture of the holo Fossil set Zapdos. The thing is, a very famous error that they *do* recognize is found on a different card in the same set (the Fossil Slash Krabby, non-holo common). 

If I submit all four of my ‘Fossil Slash Zapdos’ to cgc, and point it out to them, will they recognize it? Pics attached.

9C4C03E8-11F5-40AA-A156-EB7009C906F5.jpeg

95EF8F97-E7FE-4859-824F-B98EEC36892A.jpeg

F67C97C9-D5D8-432C-B630-67DF04C6F6E8.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @AllieBri, thank you for contacting CGC Trading Cards. Thank you for sharing photos of your card! To confirm if your card will qualify for an error designation, the card needs to be evaluated in-hand by the graders. With that said, we can point you towards our Error Guide for further information about the errors we currently designate: CGC Trading Cards Error Guide | CGC (cgccards.com). If you'd like you send your card in as a new error, be sure to choose the "Error service" in addition to grading on the online submission form. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!