• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic submission drop-off service questions

2 posts in this topic

None of the comic conventions I have attended in the past 4-5 years have had CGC booths, just vendors who are CGC authorized dealers.  Those dealers always charge a fee for accepting the books even if the submission is done online and you bring the packing slip(s) with the books. 

Question 1:  Is it normal for vendors to charge $5/book when dropping off comics to be graded by CGC?

Question 2:  Does CGC attend the larger conventions these days?

I started submitting books to CGC several years ago via drop-off at what used to be Wizard World New Orleans.  There was no extra fee to drop them off, so it was cheaper than shipping them.  However, waiting in line for 20 minutes, to pay $5/book to have someone who I don't  know and is not a CGC employee accept my books with the hope of them not damaging the books and actually doing what they are being paid to do make me uneasy.  I feel more comfortable just shipping the books to CGC and saving some time and money in the process.

Question 3:  Does the new Express Drop-Off service change this any?

Question 4:  Does CGC intend to have booths at Comicpalooza in Houston and FAN EXPO New Orleans in the future?

• Administrator

Hello @jlouque

Thank you for reaching out to us. Authorized CGC facilitators may charge a service fee for facilitating your submission. When dropping off to CGC directly via Express Drop-off there are no additional fees. While we love attending events, unfortunately we cannot be present for some events. Corporate representives from CGC Comics and the CGC Signature Series team still attend many large events.

You can check our events page to confirm if we will be at an upcoming event: CGC Comics | Events. I do not currently see Houston Comicpalooza on the calendar and the calendar is not updated yet for January 2024 when the next New Orleans FAN EXPO is scheduled. 

If you have any other questoins, let us know. Have a good day!