• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orignal Charles Schulz Peanuts Strips

13 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2023 at 2:18 PM, Michael1001 said:

Is there big difference value between old and new original Charles Schulz Peanuts strips, like the ones listed here, https://natedsanders.com/catalog.aspx?searchby=3&searchvalue=peanuts

Thanks everyone!

Peanuts Moon_lg.jpeg

1953 Peanuts strip_lg.jpeg

In general, the older the strip, the more valuable.  Sundays are worth more than dailies.  Content is a huge driver.  More characters in the strip is better.  Big price drivers for content are (not in order necessarily):

1.  Snoopy/Red Baron

2.  Lucy/Charlie Brown football

3.  Charlie Brown baseball

4.  Snoopy dancing

5.  Lucy/Schroder at the piano

6.  Tie ins to the TV special especially the Christmas one

7.  Anything with Peppermint Patty or Spike (added for Tim)

Edited by batman_fan

On 3/29/2023 at 3:33 PM, batman_fan said:

In general, the older the strip, the more valuable.  Sundays are worth more than dailies.  Content is a huge driver.  More characters in the strip is better.  Big price drivers for content are (not in order necessarily):

1.  Snoopy/Red Baron

2.  Lucy/Charlie Brown football

3.  Charlie Brown baseball

4.  Snoopy dancing

5.  Lucy/Schroder at the piano

6.  Tie ins to the TV special especially the Christmas one

7.  Anything with Peppermint Patty or Spike (added for Tim)

What are the price ranges these days? My brother was a Peanuts fan, but he disdains OA as beneath him. I would like to tell him his so-and-so Mexican art, etc., is worth a fraction of Peanuts pieces. 

On 3/29/2023 at 5:14 PM, Rick2you2 said:

What are the price ranges these days? My brother was a Peanuts fan, but he disdains OA as beneath him. I would like to tell him his so-and-so Mexican art, etc., is worth a fraction of Peanuts pieces. 

I tried to put together a price guide based on age and content but it is really hard to have something really good but this would be my best guess.  Price variation account for content.

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 7.07.50 PM.png

On 3/29/2023 at 9:08 PM, batman_fan said:

I tried to put together a price guide based on age and content but it is really hard to have something really good but this would be my best guess.  Price variation account for content.

Wow. That’s not peanuts.

My brother has a few lithographs (or prints, can’t tell) he bought a long time ago which Schultz signed. I gather they were part of a series. Maybe he paid a few hundred for them ages ago. Do they have any value? 

On 3/29/2023 at 9:08 PM, batman_fan said:

Are these based on raw price or price + BP? 

On 3/30/2023 at 5:26 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Wow. That’s not peanuts.

My brother has a few lithographs (or prints, can’t tell) he bought a long time ago which Schultz signed. I gather they were part of a series. Maybe he paid a few hundred for them ages ago. Do they have any value? 

I am sure there is some value assuming the signature can be confirmed.  Schulz was forged and is forged quite a bit.

One thing I will mention.  Nate Sanders has auctioned Peanuts strips for a very long time.  More recently I would say items they list have an insane starting bid.  In this case their recent auction starting bids are insane.  In many cases more than I would expect the final hammer to be.  All items were passed on

1996 Sunday - starting bid $46,875 okay content not top tier.  I picked up a 1959 Sunday for less than this not that long ago.

1953 daily - start bid $37,500 decent bit

1956 daily - starting bid $35,000 okay but damaged

1998 daily - starting bid $18,750 so-so bit