• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ASM run....

46 posts in this topic

WOW - Excellent job!

I only collect ASM and am totally envious of your collection.

Would be nice to see some scans of your favorite covers from that grouping!!!

ASM #40 is one of my favorites!

893applaud-thumb.gif

well here is a start....

SpidermanAnnual1.jpg

asm9.jpg

asm39001.jpg

asm40cgc.jpg

this pic needs to be updated with the whole run...

asmrun002.jpg

Sweet!!! I have several of these but probably not in those conditions!!!!!

How long did it take you? Where did you find most of them? Did you get them slabbed yourself or did you buy them slabbed!!!

Once again... EXCELLENT JOB!

thanks!!

well i had the 14,17 and 18 from when i was a kid..i had picked up the 14 through an ad in the cbg and bought the 17 and 18 raw at the boston shows back in the day. a few i bouht raw like the 16,31 and 34. the rest i picked in deals, trades or on ebay. took me about 3 years to pull the run together. the toughest book for me was issue #9. cloud9.gif

Congrats. I have to say I am rather jealous. My ASM run is at best 4.0-6.0 grade.

Some of them are nice in the 9.0 range, but most are low graders.

I have 7-30 and 100-200 with a bunch between 31-99

Artboy99

Hey Gman,

I'm like a lot of other people, watching you continue to post your books week after week, month after month. Quite the accomplishment. I am looking forward to your updated picture of all the issues together. Also, 8.5 to 9.4 is INCREDIBLE set of books!

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hey Gman,

I'm like a lot of other people, watching you continue to post your books week after week, month after month. Quite the accomplishment. I am looking forward to your updated picture of all the issues together. Also, 8.5 to 9.4 is INCREDIBLE set of books!

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thanks man...i need to get an updated pic...and the run is 8.0-9.4...some issues like 11 and 15 were tough and $$ for 8.5 copies so i wanted to kep a VF or better run!

The colours on your #49 look beautiful. I love that classic #39!

I don't intend on being picky, but I was wondering if those were staples off to the side on your 9.0 #9? I'm curious, 'cause I have the same thing in issue #26.

I hope I'm not coming across as overly critical, as you've got a run I'd love to have.

The colours on your #49 look beautiful. I love that classic #39!

I don't intend on being picky, but I was wondering if those were staples off to the side on your 9.0 #9? I'm curious, 'cause I have the same thing in issue #26.

I hope I'm not coming across as overly critical, as you've got a run I'd love to have.

not at all, i have seen this on several #9s....i think there is one on c-link that is similar. on mine, they are not over that far but i have seen ones on the 9 and even on the 33 and 36 books as well...

here is the one on c-link...

asm9

maybe...although i have seen other copies with a huge wrap and then others that look ok....so who knows..like you said it has happened on other issues as well like the 26...and i have seen 31s as well. i think on the darker covers it does not show up as much.

Congrats on your run, I'm working on a similar one. I dumped some lesser graded stuff I had, going for 7.0 and up (coincidentally I already have a 14 in 7.0 haha). The big $ issues I don't mind having unslabbed.

I'd go for 51 and 52, I really like those covers a lot.

Hello gman

Just looking down your list of ASM books - I thought I recognised the ASM 9 (which I sold in the last Vault Auction). You have yourself a great buy here. I bought this book in 1998. A solid NM- with fabulous page quality. I was actually gutted when it only came back from CGC at 9.0 because I have submitted quite a number of inferior books which have come back 9.2s. Some you win...

Enjoy the book.

Alan (UK)

Hello gman

Just looking down your list of ASM books - I thought I recognised the ASM 9 (which I sold in the last Vault Auction). You have yourself a great buy here. I bought this book in 1998. A solid NM- with fabulous page quality. I was actually gutted when it only came back from CGC at 9.0 because I have submitted quite a number of inferior books which have come back 9.2s. Some you win...

Enjoy the book.

Alan (UK)

thanks it is a killer copy.