• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED ******** Let the Mayhem Begin !!! Saturday May 6 NYC

4 posts in this topic

It's about a month away but I am pleased to announce that Nick Katradis and Animated Ink, (that's me), will be setting up at the NY Comic Art Expo on Saturday May 6, 2023 @ the Hilton Hotel in NYC.

I've actually had the majority of my art in storage the past few years.  Well, it's time to air things out and let them breathe.

Nick and I are still deciding what to showcase.  Between the two of us, we should have a great variety of original comic art from all time periods.  From Silver Age to the Modern Era, there should be something of interest for all collectors.  Who knows, maybe even something from the Golden Age.  More updates as we get closer to the show date.

If you want to contact me or Nick in advance of the show, please drop us a private personal message (PM) via CGC.   

We both enjoy catching up with all collectors so stop by and say hello.

Edited by NelsonAI
Updated Title Change / Closing out the thread

Thank you for all the pm emails.  Rather than reply to each individually, I will respond here for efficiency.

1. Do you have a list of all the art you have for sale?

Nick and I are still in the process of identifying pieces to bring to the show.  As we get closer to the show, we will have a better idea of what to bring.  Normally, I would never sell any of my Kirby.  I will probably offer up at least one twice up page from Kirby.  Other twice up pages from other top tier artists will also be offered.  I want to offer a few things just for the people attending the show.

As the pandemic proved, Nick and I can certainly sell art from the comfort of our homes, while watching TV in our underwear ( Lol.  Too much info).  We go to great lengths to set up at a show.  Why?

Nick and I want to bring the same experience to the next generation of collectors we had when we attended the shows.

The sense of excitement as you entered the show floor.  Palms slightly sweaty, your heart beating faster, and finally, your eyes widening as you spot that piece of artwork.  Instant nostalgia flashes back as you recall the same image you first saw when reading that specific comic.

I've always enjoyed attending shows just to see all the great art on display in person.  

For those individuals that spend the time, effort and expenses to attend the show, we want you to have a great experience.  

Please stop by and say hello.

2. Will there be affordable art?

Nick and I will be offering a wide range of art.  What's affordable to one person may be out of reach for someone else.  Everyone has different budgets.  I'm sure you will find something you like that fits your budget.

3.  Are you selling Animation Cels at the show?

No.  All my animation cels remain in storage at this time.  Perhaps at a future show.  

As a reminder, since this is the marketplace, not the discussion threads.  Please continue to pm me and I will answer new questions in a future post.

Thanks.  N.

Another Massive Art Drop !

An Itoya folder fell while I was taking it off the shelf.  Don't worry, everything was in mylar.  No art was harmed.  😀

As I make final preparations for the show this Saturday, I wanted to give a final general update.

I can only confirm that I will be bringing "Twice up" pages from the Golden Age and Silver Age.  Some of these are the original storyboards and inspirational source material for movie and other new media adaptations.

I will also be bringing covers and splash pages from other eras.  Examples of characters include Spider-Man, X-Men and JLA.  There will also be some published crossover art between different companies.

There should be something of interest for everyone.  

We look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones at the show.

Cheers ! N. 😀