• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is the Rippaverse doing?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

I don't follow the book, but I was tooling around trying to find out how many issues have made it out since it's October (?) debut? Looks like they are actively promoting #1 on their Twitter page, but any sort of news out there that I can find is mainly prior to issue #1 coming out.

Any active readers here? I'm curious to how it's doing since it seems (to me) to be a high profile indy comic.

On 4/2/2023 at 12:43 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Any active readers here? I'm curious to how it's doing since it seems (to me) to be a high profile indy comic.

It isn't terrible and is more hype than solid story so far, but I am not the target audience. Objectively it is on par with current Marvel and DC offerings. My only real complaints are the dialog could use some editorial polish and the absolutely insane twitter people (on both sides) if they find out you backed/read it.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:09 PM, jdandns said:

So no actual news outlets, then.

Got it.

Given the replies I doubt commenters will be happy with most of the news sources.

There are tons more stories about the successful kick-starter, launch, and fulfillment of ISOM (Rippaverse) from both sides of the aisle.

I'm impressed. 

Maybe Marvel and DC should just release one comic every couple of years, but sell it for $40. That along with the associated keychains, hats, and air fresheners they can sell to the people buying that comic will have them on easy street in no time. 

On 4/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, jdandns said:

I'm impressed. 

Maybe Marvel and DC should just release one comic every couple of years, but sell it for $40. That along with the associated keychains, hats, and air fresheners they can sell to the people buying that comic will have them on easy street in no time. 

Thinking up successful go-fund-me campaigns ain't easy.  Give them time.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:37 PM, jdandns said:

If they can get issue #2 and those other two titles they're about to announce out sometime this year, that would go a long way to establishing credibility as an actual comic company. The single issue prices need to come way, way, way down, in any event. 

I think if they want to establish credibility, they need to release on a regular schedule. Otherwise only the most ardent supporters of the philosophy of the publisher are going to care, and not about the comics, but because they agree with the agenda.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:43 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I don't follow the book, but I was tooling around trying to find out how many issues have made it out since it's October (?) debut? Looks like they are actively promoting #1 on their Twitter page, but any sort of news out there that I can find is mainly prior to issue #1 coming out.

Among the most financially successful independent comics recently and significantly better than the rubbish a number of writers/companies have been putting out recently (Daniel Kibblesmith deserves a mention with New Warriors lol) ~ Can't wait for the other issues of ISOM --  plus CGC are encapsulating them which's great!

He's a black writer - not that such a thing matters - and managed to raise over $3 million ~ There's a reason manga has been outselling American comics for years ...

On 4/10/2023 at 1:53 AM, Bart Allen said:

...managed to raise over $3 million ~ There's a reason manga has been outselling American comics for years ...

That was mainly my curiosity: that's a healthy chunk of change, even after you pay publishers, merchandisers, etc. - I would have thought that an influx of that much money to a single creator would have floated this comic to it's next issue by now. It's been 7 months and no new issue (and who knows how long since the 1st issue was completed), it reminded me a lot of what happened in the 90s with delayed books losing their momentum.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:53 AM, Bart Allen said:

Among the most financially successful independent comics recently and significantly better than the rubbish a number of writers/companies have been putting out recently (Daniel Kibblesmith deserves a mention with New Warriors lol) ~ Can't wait for the other issues of ISOM --  plus CGC are encapsulating them which's great!

He's a black writer - not that such a thing matters - and managed to raise over $3 million ~ There's a reason manga has been outselling American comics for years ...

What’s manga have to do with this comic?