• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Know where I could find some Miracleman OA for sale?

10 posts in this topic

Hey. I've been looking too. Unless you can drop some serious coin, it's going to be rough. Check out this page that just ended on eBay...

A page from #15 ended at $4500 last year and the cover from 15 went for $12500 about two years ago.

I know - I was watching that page for a while. I never though it would crack 1k - let alone sell for what it did. Everytime I see sales like that - I get more and more grateful for the small amount of stuff I do have.

I was willing to go right around $1k on it. If you look at the bidding, it's two nuts who put the price over $700. Unfortunately, one of the nuts (showponysydnee) bids on all the quality Totleben pieces that hit ebay.

I was willing to go right around $1k on it. If you look at the bidding, it's two nuts who put the price over $700. Unfortunately, one of the nuts (showponysydnee) bids on all the quality Totleben pieces that hit ebay.

I noticed that too - it kinda sucks.

I've always thought Totleben was extremely underrated, but perhaps he's not underrated at all if his OA is commanding those types of prices!

I've always thought Totleben was extremely underrated, but perhaps he's not underrated at all if his OA is commanding those types of prices!

I agree that he is underrated. That combined with the fact that most of his fan base devour anything that comes on the market has made for some pretty expensive prices as of late.

Maybe by the general collector population but, as pk said, there is a rabid fan base that will pay big money for his work. I would.

It doesn't help that, due to his illness, he hasn't been able to work on a title in years. His exposure is low, other than his Swamp Thing work that is available in trades. His MM's are the highest priced books in the run, so that keep some from seeing his amazing stuff.

I passed on that MM page when it was first offered for sale for $135. I bought a MM 16 page instead and sold it for $350 only about a year ago. Along with the MM 16 page, I sold 8 drawings by Totleben from Miracleman 16. All for $350. Sigh... It took me years to trade off that art. It was like an albatross. I couldn't get rid of it to save my life. I also traded three pages of Mike Deodato Miracleman: Triumphant art that was super nice, especially with a great splash page with MM and Young Miracleman flying. Oh well, you live and learn...

I passed on that MM page when it was first offered for sale for $135. I bought a MM 16 page instead and sold it for $350 only about a year ago. Along with the MM 16 page, I sold 8 drawings by Totleben from Miracleman 16. All for $350. Sigh... It took me years to trade off that art. It was like an albatross. I couldn't get rid of it to save my life. I also traded three pages of Mike Deodato Miracleman: Triumphant art that was super nice, especially with a great splash page with MM and Young Miracleman flying. Oh well, you live and learn...

Man - I wish you still had those Albotri (albotrosses?!?!). I think I saw the one of your Deodato MM Triumphant pages for sale around last November (it was a partial splash with MM and YM) - but that may have been a different page.