• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a CGC graded book from 2001 have any information about it?

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a noob, so I apologize if this is a redundant question. I am interested in purchasing a copy of X-Men #50 which was graded in 2001 according to the seller. It has the older-looking blue label. When I enter the number, it is unable to locate any information. Is this normal? The seller says that there were not any grader notes for books graded that far back. I was still a bit surprised that the search didn't show up anything at all. The bar code is 0104601005.

Thanks,

Beau

Yes, it is surprising the search doesn't show anything.  There is a difference between This item cannot be found.  and no graders notes available. Your serial number is "item cannot be found". 
Check and make sure the number is correct. Those old labels had tiny little serial numbers. 

Keep in mind that even if there are graders notes, the notes are not a detailed account of every single defect. It is just what the graders took the time to write down. 
Welcome to the boards! 

Edited by Tony S