• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"One size" protective sleeves?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Is there a universal protector sleeve for loose comics? I see them sold for different ages but I have a mix of loose comics I would like to protect and was just curious if there was a one-size-fits-all option instead of buying packs of all different sizes. Thanks!

Whatever size is large enough to fit your largest comics should also accommodate your smaller ones.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, shadroch said:

Unless you have some oddball older books, a 775 will fit all of them. 

Sorry, what's a 775? Can't seem to find anything searching that on Amazon, etc.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They're called "bags". Golden Age sized should suffice.

Thanks. Where I got confused because companies like E Gerber sell golden/silver as one

Edited by lowball

Golden Age bags are 8 inches wide- thus the 800 designation. Comics have gotten narrower over the years . I use 775 bags with a 750 board, but if your books are mostly modern you might go smaller.  Anything bigger doesn't fit in your typical comic book box.

Edited by shadroch

On 4/6/2023 at 2:49 PM, shadroch said:

Golden Age bags are 8 inches wide- thus the 800 designation. Comics have gotten narrower over the years . I use 775 bags with a 750 board, but if your books are mostly modern you might go smaller.  Anything bigger doesn't fit in your typical comic book box.

Thanks for breaking that down! That's what I've been trying to figure out 

Read this thread. Some of the images are broken unless you open them in a new tab but the information will tell you what you need to know.

On 4/7/2023 at 1:39 PM, universal soldier said:

Read this thread. Some of the images are broken unless you open them in a new tab but the information will tell you what you need to know.

Will do thanks!