• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC regrade a book of submitted broken case
1 1

4 posts in this topic

It depends. Per their fees page: “The grade assigned to the book should not change, unless any damage occurred post-encapsulation, in which case the grade will be adjusted accordingly. To qualify, the book must still be encapsulated in its original CGC holder.”

I’ve had a couple of damaged slabs reholdered with no grade changes. In my case, the inner sleeve was still intact. If in doubt, you could post the question and pics to the Ask CGC forum. 

Edited by 850chris
typo

On 4/6/2023 at 4:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I could see this one possibly being re-graded. 2c

This one for sure looks close enough to the border to at least consider a regrade.  

If you have a question about a paid service that CGC provides, I suggest perusing the website of CGC, and then if you cannot find an answer, I suggest contacting CGC customer service directly.  They have an email address, where you can write them messages and provide pictures, and get direct information from paid CGC customer service employees about the services they provide and the process of engaging those services.  

Asking random strangers on the internet may result in incomplete, wrong, outdated, conflicting, or biased information that would likely result in you going to the CGC website and contacting customer service anyways for an official answer.