• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something weird going with board names in postings
3 3

71 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2023 at 6:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

Been catching up on everything I've missed over the past few months and I recently read about what happened to you and was going to PM you.   A similar story was told at work by someone who knew someone who was robbed and I mentioned your incident.  We wondered if these storage facilities have wifi and if so, is it possible to set up a ring doorbell or similar device on the inside of the unit facing the entrance.  The camera would trigger the second the door was opened or entered the unit.  

The public storage I was using did not have Wifi so even if I wanted to put camera's in I couldn't.  

On 4/8/2023 at 1:44 PM, KCOComics said:

Yeah, it says 17 unread emails on my Android. Including one about an X-Men 1 in 5.0... every time I sign in to the forums, I get giddy with excitement.... Only to have my excitement dashed away when I realize it's a glitch. 

Screenshot_20230408-163547.png

every time i log in it says i have 73 unread messages. and yes all the icons are smushed on ipad. @CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 4/10/2023 at 5:18 PM, loganparker said:

Any update as to when these issues will be corrected? I’m having the “unread messages” and “stretched avatar” issues as well since the “upgrade”. Thanks

The team is aware of these problems, and are working on getting them fixed.

• Administrator

I am told The Avatar sizing issue has been resolved on Mobile.  Invision has requested some clarification regarding the message notifications.  @KCOComics  And  @alexgross.com   Are you able to access your inbox and filter by unread messages, considering that some of these messages are dated over a month ago? If not, are you encountering any error messages or issues?”

On 4/11/2023 at 8:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am told The Avatar sizing issue has been resolved on Mobile.  Invision has requested some clarification regarding the message notifications.  @KCOComics  And  @alexgross.com   Are you able to access your inbox and filter by unread messages, considering that some of these messages are dated over a month ago? If not, are you encountering any error messages or issues?”

Ok - I think that was the issue. 

I filtered on unread and sure enough, I had 17 unread messages and one with that subject line. So it appears it was showing my unread messages. Many of those messages go back a few years. 

I'm not seeing any other errors or issues. 

• Administrator
On 4/11/2023 at 8:56 PM, KCOComics said:

Ok - I think that was the issue. 

I filtered on unread and sure enough, I had 17 unread messages and one with that subject line. So it appears it was showing my unread messages. Many of those messages go back a few years. 

I'm not seeing any other errors or issues. 

Thank you.  I have passed this info along.

On 4/11/2023 at 5:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

yes it thinks that all my read messages are new, unread messages. they all seem to be there, where i left them. but i have already read them over the years. 

avatars at least appear normal now on ipad. thanks mike-

On 4/8/2023 at 12:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am getting notifications for 10 unread personal messages that do not exist.

I'm so glad you posted that, I keep getting a notification bar that says "Whiz", which was a book I had for sale a few weeks ago, but I never got a pm and a note that I have 21 unread messages. I really have zero unread messages.

The filter showed all the ones for the past 4 years that I read but never replied to...(like the 14th time you say thanks...kind of reply.;)

Edited by skypinkblu

• Administrator

So, I have been back and forth about this several times.  Invision says that you guys who are seeing unread messages need to mark them as read.  I have mentioned that the people bringing this up have been on the forum for several years, and are saying they have no unread messages. 

I recommend going to your inbox, filter unread messages, and mark them as read.  If you still are getting the same unread messages popup, let me know.

image.png