• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy starring Daisy Ridley (TBD)

72 posts in this topic

Dear Djarling Band-aid Chonky:

Girls don't like Star Wars no matter how much you think they do, and they still won't like it if you "gal" it up with a bunch of dialogue about "feelings" and "patriarchal post-adolescent traumatic stress disorder". Girls don't like comics. Or comic art. Or D&D. Or the MCU. They like hairdryers, nail polish and watching reality shows like Selling Sunset. Please stay away from my hobbies and interests and put a guy with a mustache in charge of the next movie.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:26 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Girls don't like Star Wars no matter how much you think they do, and they still won't like it if you "gal" it up with a bunch of dialogue about "feelings" and "patriarchal post-adolescent traumatic stress disorder". Girls don't like comics. Or comic art. Or D&D. Or the MCU. They like hairdryers, nail polish and watching reality shows like Selling Sunset. Please stay away from my hobbies and interests and put a guy with a mustache in charge of the next movie.

Exactly. You get it.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:26 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Nor do girls want you to destroy the MCU in their name because that's a major male-sex-organ move.

A new rumor claims Daisy Ridley’s Rey is connected to Shawn Levy’s upcoming Star Wars film and that Levy could replace Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy if things sour with her

This latest rumor comes from Jeff Sneider during The Hot Mic show.

Sneider says, “I’m told that [Shawn Levy’s] project does have an element — I don’t know if Rey is front and center in it — but Rey is a character in Shawn Levy’s movie.”

He elaborated, “Now, is it Daisy Ridley’s Rey or an older Rey? We heard those rumors back in the day maybe about Helen Mirren being positioned as an older Rey. So I don’t know in Shawn Levy’s movie if a) Rey is the lead character or b) if Rey is Daisy Ridley age or she could be someone in her 40s or 50s or someone who’s 70 or 80 like Helen Mirren, I don’t know.”

Sneider then said, “Yes, Sharmeen is still on board, but you know how Lucasfilm goes through directors quickly. This hire has been questioned. She doesn’t have a ton of experience. So if it does for whatever reason go sour and she either quits, or is fired, or whatever. For whatever reason she exits the project depending on scheduling  because again Shawn Levy is one of the busiest people in Hollywood … It’s my understanding that Shawn Levy could either slip in to direct that movie or Shawn Levy’s movie becomes the next movie or maybe Shawn Levy’s movie could be folded in to Sharmeen’s movie, I don’t know.”

“But he’s clearly interested in exploring Rey and that stuff and so if the Rey movie suddenly needs a director he may be the guy they turn to since they’re already in business with him,” Sneider added.

On 1/22/2024 at 3:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

"IF" it goes sour...LOL it did the day they announced it.

Edited by Artboy99

On 1/22/2024 at 11:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

"IF" it goes sour...LOL it did the day they announced it.

Or they are doing the same thing they have with the last several inexperienced directors that have never shot action.  Let the announced person shoot the quiet scenes, then quietly bring in a second director to shoot the action sequences.

On 1/23/2024 at 6:36 PM, drotto said:

Or they are doing the same thing they have with the last several inexperienced directors that have never shot action.  Let the announced person shoot the quiet scenes, then quietly bring in a second director to shoot the action sequences.

Fair comment, and I can add that I think it is great that they are willing to give new people a chance.

Now my hope is that the movie story/ content is spectacular and captures Star Wars in a way that enthralls fans