• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megacon Submission?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, CGCCOACH said:

I submitted 6 Comics to CGC at Megacon and when I try to check the status of it being submitted, I get a "no submissions" in last 8 months.  Is that normal?

I also had a submission that I made on Thursday at Megacon and have yet to see it reflect in my submission status, whereas last year, when I submitted at the show, it appeared the next day. 

I spoke with customer service and they mentioned that this year they were not transporting submissions back to Sarasota daily like they did last year. Additionally, there were other large conventions going on at the same time as Megacon (C2E2) where CGC was on site which resulted in a larger number of submissions. 

The explanation seemed reasonable and they advised checking again later in the week. 

Edited by Vegas021

On 4/11/2023 at 10:38 AM, CGCCOACH said:

I submitted 6 Comics to CGC at Megacon and when I try to check the status of it being submitted, I get a "no submissions" in last 8 months.  Is that normal?

If it hasn’t showed up in the system after 8 months you should contact cgc directly ASAP

I think the OP indicates that using the search tool doesn't return anything when looking up the packing slip submission number from his recent in-person submission at Megacon a couple of weeks ago. I don't believe your submission will show when trying to view the status if the books haven't yet been checked into their system. Mine also are not showing at this time. Tomorrow will make two weeks since dropping off my order in person. Seems a bit ridiculous given their current turnaround time for Standard is listed as 10 days. You may want to reach out to CGC directly to inquire as to the status.

Unfortunately, they say their turnaround times only start when the submission is actually logged into the system and not when it arrives from the shipping carrier. I wish they’d go back to indicating what packages were being opened (“processing packages received the week of xxx”) like they did about a year ago when they had that massive backlog.

Edited by 850chris
Typos