• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics Stolen From Cloud Nine Comics in Portland 4/10 & 6/23!
2 2

27 posts in this topic

That really sucks.  Most know my story with comic theft.  I got most of them back and the pero did 6 months in jail.  I get a monthly restitution check for $50-$80 dollars, too.

Unfortunately, I only discovered a couple of days ago that a small run of Dotty Dripple books and one beautiful Central Valley Ally Oop were taken and never returned.  I expect they ended up in a trash bin when he knew he’d been caught.

I should add that I had all the books listed in my registry sets and a handful of stolen books are registered by others every year.  CGC wasn’t really interested in the matter do even though I refuse the transfer, they are taken away from me anyway.  Make of that what you will.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:07 PM, cheetah said:

Unfortunately, I only discovered a couple of days ago that a small run of Dotty Dripple books and one beautiful Central Valley Ally Oop were taken and never returned.  I expect they ended up in a trash bin when he knew he’d been caught.

:frown:

So you have this guy's full name and a recent known vicinity assuming you know the location of that starbucks. A photo of him with some of the stolen books, and how did the police get access to his vehicle?

They got into his van? Was he present during this? Just trying to understand how this went down. Why would he leave his van behind for one thing. 

Did they catch him? Did he flee on foot or in another vehicle? While carrying all those comics?  Was the Honda van registered to him? If so there will be an address. His name is Bobby Lee Jr. Hoard? "Jr" in between Lee and Hoard? Is Lee his middle or last name? Just trying to tie up these loose ends. 

Seems with all this info on the guy he shouldn't be too hard to find.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:07 PM, cheetah said:

That really sucks.  Most know my story with comic theft.  I got most of them back and the pero did 6 months in jail.  I get a monthly restitution check for $50-$80 dollars, too.

:mad: Man, does that burn me up. And only 6 months for stealing tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items??? (I don't recall how many books were stolen, but it wouldn't have taken too many of your comics to hit six figures.)

On 8/2/2023 at 6:40 PM, Professor K said:

So you have this guy's full name and a recent known vicinity assuming you know the location of that starbucks. A photo of him with some of the stolen books, and how did the police get access to his vehicle?

They got into his van? Was he present during this? Just trying to understand how this went down. Why would he leave his van behind for one thing. 

Did they catch him? Did he flee on foot or in another vehicle? While carrying all those comics?  Was the Honda van registered to him? If so there will be an address. His name is Bobby Lee Jr. Hoard? "Jr" in between Lee and Hoard? Is Lee his middle or last name? Just trying to tie up these loose ends. 

Seems with all this info on the guy he shouldn't be too hard to find.

for more info go to tasteecat IG 

image.thumb.png.10443e30bead82f978217c561c686e0c.png