• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 1
18 18

169 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, trmoore54 said:

Couple of bulls happy about that.  Went with double GA bump on FLASH 5.5.  Wanted to go 9.0 on DD7 but settled on 8.5.  Ugh.  Bombed the FF94 with 6.0...that is one FUGLY 7.5 IMO.  Tessie and Veronica my bulls.  Upward and Onward! :headbang:

No bullseyes.

I wanted to get the Flash to 4.5, but I just don't see it.  4.0

I can see the DD being 9.2, that was a close call for me. 9.0

The one that really annoys me too this time is the FF. I said 6.5.  :pullhair:

Anything else, I also missed by one grade.

6 points.

• Administrator
On 4/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, genrlzod said:

Quick and possibly stupid question, is there a list of what place everyone is in?  If not that's fine, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.  

That should be coming very soon (today).  It will be in a separate "results" thread.  I will post a link here.

I was off by one grade on all. The GA issues, I was under by 0.5 a grade (I had 4.0 and 7.5 respectively), the DD I was one under with a 9.0 and the Betty and Veronica I KNEW I should have gone 9.6 but safely labelled 9.4

Oh and I overgraded the FF 94 by 0.5. Overall, 5 points and I am happy with that but clearly some competition in this one!

On 4/24/2023 at 7:46 PM, Hot Nickels said:

Bullseyed two of them and I’ll have an 8. I whiffed pretty hard on a couple

Same here -

Under on the first three, which is weird for me (tend to be a touch too optimistic in my grading). Overcorrecting maybe lol--I actually had the Daredevil at 9.2  and Tessie at 8.0 at first then, welp...didn't go with those. I'll be sure to go with my gut next round (and will probably end up going over on every book)

I'll take my 4 points for my first go at this contest, though! All downhill from here...