• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ENDS FRIDAY! Live Auctioneers comic auction May 19 2023 - ENDS FRIDAY!

27 posts in this topic

Hey hey. I am doing my second Live Auctioneers comic auction. I learned a lot on the first one and as Ed Wood said...this one will be better! I eliminated the 3% payment processing fee, upped the overall BP from 18% to 20% and dropped handling fees for shipped items significantly - so even with the higher BP final totals will be decreased and everything will be more obvious for us all (I was surprised as well when looking at invoices.). I had 107 lots my first auction and was exhausted and lost at the end. I will be smoother, better prepared and starting earlier in the day so I can have more lots, around 150 this time. I am still finalizing things before going live in a 10 days or so.

have a look if you'd like, I appreciate any feedback

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/279333_fedres-comics-may-12-2023-comic-auction/

I have a few consignors now as well, so more varied items continue to arrive. Easy peasy way to sell on the down low, consign now! 10% commission for art, keys, and slabs, more for lots and bulk comics.

:-)

Take care and be well.

I am also looking at following this with an auction in June featuring slabs, manga, statues and some comic art. Still firming that one up, it will have comics as well. Always comics!!!

Edited by Bird

large lot of (mostly) Marvel Bronze & Copper comics

Planet Hulk & World War Hulk

Superman Man of Steel lot includes newsstand #18

well, a regular sized comic is for auction,a nice high grade newsstand of MoS18 b ut that cut and paste ended up rather odd!

Edited by Bird

the auction after this one will be end of June and will feature statues, slabs, manga and of course comics. If anyone is interested in consigning slabs, if you have 10 or more I will do introductory 5% fee, you get 95% of hammer...I figure if anyone has boxes of slabs they may consign it is the folks here. Please PM if interested or for more details. I am up to 4 consignors for this next auction and am fine with 10 lots, you can test the waters if you'd like. <3

Edited by Bird

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/279333_fedres-comics-may-12-2023-comic-auction/

finishing up now, still have to add 20 more items when I pick them up this weekend

any advice is appreciated. 1st auction of 107 lots and about 7000 comics went off without a hitch for the most part, lots of small course corrections but nothing major so far

the catalog for the next auction should be live sunday...I pushed the auction back a week to 5/19 to give it time to be seen - 25 days is far better than 18 (or whatever it is). I added a nice Avengers Annual 10 & annual 7 and will likely put the 2-in-1 annual 2 in there as well to complete that 2 part story and bulk up the lot.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, Bird said:

If anyone is interested in consigning slabs, if you have 10 or more I will do introductory 5% fee, you get 95% of hammer...I figure if anyone has boxes of slabs they may consign it is the folks here. Please PM if interested or for more details.

it has been brought to my attention that 10 is a lot of slabs, and I agree. If anyone has 3 or more slabs they wish to consign, I'll do 5% fee and you get 95% of the hammer, june 23rd auction. I already have 22 slabs (I think with a few more coming I hope) in the auction, so hopefully some cgc collectors will find that enough to put in some bids.

Edited by Bird

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/279333_fedres-comics-may-19-2023-comic-auction/

auction is now live...some great comics in there! Please consider bidding; I may not post here too much anymore, but I'd appreciate the support!!! I like pie!