• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sable 19 AH!

2 posts in this topic

I have had this book for a while because it was said to be an uncredited cover by Adam Hughes. I decided to send it it to CGC recently as AH is doing a signing. The CGC census shows several have been graded and there is also a 1 signature series on the census as well. The notes on the CGC label makes no mention of AH. 

What will happen at the signing?

Will CGC ask AH if he drew the cover? 
Will my book just get signed and no updates to the label?

Photos below are not mine, just for reference.

Thanks

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

he will sign the book but it is highly unlikely CGC would ask him if he illustrated the cover

this would likely be the answer CGC would give you about requesting that they add the credit notation to the label, no guarantees but worth at least trying  .....

If you are are submitting a book for grading and would like the graders to notate particular key comments or first appearances, etc. you can list that on your submission.  You can also notate it by adding a sticky note to the book sleeve itself.  The graders will then make a determination once they review the book.  All comments are at the graders' discretion.