• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk 181 question
1 1

10 posts in this topic

But the stamp is still cut out. I believe they won't encapsulate detached pieces from the cover. Not sure about inside, but I don't think it helps anyway. You didn't give us photos, but a clipped MVS always gets a green label as far as I know, so the missing stamp doesn't factor into the grade. A 4.0 tells me there are a number of defects, so the clipping isn't the biggest issue.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

taped it back in?

Yes, this is an interesting question. People reattach covers and wraps that separate. I suspect if they taped it back in well, CGC would allow it to stay in the book. But like scburdet said, this is a 4.0. It's probably not going to help the grade any. I'm more curious about a higher grade copy. If you reattached it well, would they just treat it as a large tear? Would it get a restored label? 

On 4/19/2023 at 3:40 AM, Dalehamblin said:

Do you still get the blue label when missing the stamp? And if it’s put back in would you not get a green label? 

A green label, a qualified label, just means "If this book didn't have a missing value stamp it would be this grade". You can ask them not to give you a green label but the blue label score is gonna be much lower. Depending on how it's put back in, I could see it getting a blue label or a purple (restored) label. My guess is that your best bet would be to tape the MVS back in since CGC does not consider tape restoration and you can still get a blue label. The real question is, how will it affect the grade if at all?

Assuming the overall condition of the book is solid and the stamp is origani to the book, your best bet is to get the book pressed and then place the stamp back in the book using conservation tape. This should return a conserved grey/blue label which is far more appealing (both visually and in terms of market value) than a green label.