• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indents on Cardstock...
1 1

8 posts in this topic

So, stupid me put a few indents into the cardstock cover of The Dark Knight Returns #1 when I was trying to cut it out of a toploader it was irrevocably jammed into when it was shipped to me (I know, I know, I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person). Stupidity aside, are these indents (non-color-breaking and not super deep) pressable at all? Or does the nature of a thick cardstock cover like this make it a lost cause, considering the indent doesn't go all the way through the stock and is more like an embossing? I think I know the answer, but I figure I'd put it to those who might have more experience. Thanks!

btdkr.jpg

Bends and finger dents can be taken out of this type of cover, however you have more of a scratch type line. Something I haven’t worked on specifically with a Dark Knight returns, however it looks probable to minimize with an isolated press. 

Edited by Topnotchman
Grammar

On 8/5/2023 at 12:47 PM, Nsschenks said:

Just following up on this--got the book back from CGC today (after a 3rd party press), and the indents did not come out. They were noted on the grader notes as well. Hope this helps for future inquirers!

What grade did you get?

On 8/7/2023 at 1:42 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

What grade did you get?

9.0. Pegged it about 9.4/9.6 if the indents came out (due to corner bindery issues common to this book), but I also think some damage was done somewhere in the process of mailing, pressing, grading and getting the book back because there is light spine damage that wasn’t there before.

Edited by Nsschenks