• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post TMNT 1 record?
2 2

74 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 7:53 AM, maraxusofkeld said:

I was talking about the pulp, Weird Tales, where Conan debuted. 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

was that not the Savage Tales Mag?

He is referring to Weird Tales December 1932.  

I do not know what the record for that specific pulp is but like most we have listed they still fall short and 5-6 rough grade can be found for about $5-10k or less. That said if a 9+ came to market. (shrug)

On 4/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do not know what the record for that specific pulp is but like most we have listed they still fall short and 5-6 rough grade can be found for about $5-10k or less. That said if a 9+ came to market. (shrug)

Ah thanks! I figured it was something like that, as Conan would at least "seem" more important to history or older than the 1970's 😂 but I didn't know. :shy:

On 4/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, Ryan. said:
On 4/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah thanks! I figured it was something like that, as Conan would at least "seem" more important to history or older than the 1970's 😂 but I didn't know. :shy:

Bruh.

20220421_010027.jpg.c416897af98bfecfae397c6c93c356af.jpg

On 4/25/2023 at 7:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't even understand what's up, but I'm not the type to say bro or bruh. I recently even crossed dude off my list, next up will be man. Then idk what else. :ohnoez:

Yea boi and yeet. :baiting:

:roflmao:

On 4/25/2023 at 8:34 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yea boi and yeet. :baiting:

:roflmao:

Off track or beaten path but sentiments exactly 

Spoiler

giphy-3.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 7:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't even understand what's up, but I'm not the type to say bro or bruh. I recently even crossed dude off my list, next up will be man. Then idk what else. :ohnoez:

Also there are going to be a lot of confused people here when you stop saying man.

Super_ _ _

Bat _ _ _

Wonder Wo _ _ _ 

:baiting:

Ahem to get back on track...

Is it the reason results like this took so long?

A) a magazine ?

B) content? 

Or c) snapping into a slim jim?

D) video game nostalgia turned book worm tuned into a metamorphosis ?

E) a glass pipe?

On 4/25/2023 at 8:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Off track or beaten path but sentiments exactly 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy-3.gif

Ok. Ok. I have hit my joke quota for this thread, :butbutbutemoji: at least I had some decent contributions. 

On 4/25/2023 at 8:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ahem to get back on track...

Is it the reason results like this took so long?

A) a magazine ?

B) content? 

Or c) snapping into a slim jim?

D) video game nostalgia turned book worm tuned into a metamorphosis ?

E) a glass pipe?

F) All of the above.  

Although this does seem like it does match the OP original statement/ question.  It does appear to be a new record for those parameters.  

The question,  just like the several that have been brought up as potential to be up there is 

How long will this hold the top spot and will it continue its rise or as some of the others that have been brought up come back down.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

F) All of the above.  

Although this does seem like it does match the OP original statement/ question.  It does appear to be a new record for those parameters.  

The question,  just like the several that have been brought up as potential to be up there is 

How long will this hold the top spot and will it continue its rise or as some of the others that have been brought up come back down.

It starts off for me, that I see that 9.8 before the sale, and was convinced that it wasn't as numerous in that grade! Thor: thusly convinced by the sale then?

Idk if I could boast that type of $$ commitment! And yet that excludes the affection I have for the book and the inspiration behind such material, but I still couldn't put even that into dollars but save the grade I found most affordable.

I think the law of averages will bare out over time, but "this is new!" That will last me a while, but when I saw the build up to this sale, is when I got my copies, so now I'm between riding the wave and. :whatthe: what the ???

Lol you're ADAMANTIUM translations may vary, but I believe this promotes the discussions lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 9:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

F) All of the above.  

Gotta come back down.

The attrition rate on these is super high (not bagged or boarded, bought by kids) BUT BUT BUT they printed 3,500,000.    Not a typo.

There will be other nice ones.   They have been gradeable only for a hot minute and there is already IIRC between the two variants something like 6 9.4s, and 30 copies at the 9.0 or above level.     Current price levels IMO are unrealistic and driven by the fact that this is all new and the census not yet inflated, sorta like bronze age books circa 2004.

Edited by Bronty

On 5/12/2023 at 3:39 PM, Bronty said:

Oh lol I thought your were to say that it sold for near as much, but it's just now on the chopping block! I hope results get posted.

there's a new Netflix series HIGH SCORES about the creation of video gaming, and they highlighted the magazine, interview the editor too,  interesting show.  May of the actual creators are prominent speaking about the origins of the games, like Space Invaders.  The spaceships were originally conceived of as octopi!  Makes sense in Japan!