• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating BlackOut21
7 7

103 posts in this topic

Hopefully BlackOut21 will at least send the $330 as I too agree that was not a long box of comics by any measure (size, count, or weight ) Which were the agreed to amount.  I also agree this failed to meet the terms of sale and is probation worthy. 

Plus that whole message chain..

660c9af6232cdd8a76cfd0988a9bbd04be-17-meet-joe-black-car-crash-loop-new_w710.gif.d841e24e50a5edc005de375e9226da0f.gif

What are your thoughts @Buzzetta since you are one of the experts.. or were you about to go to bed? :baiting:

Funny that you mention his current sales thread. 

I spotted that sales thread when he first started posting it.  “No returns” and “Normal rules apply” with no references from 190 count poster. 

That pass just became a hard pass for me…but there’s others waiting on bated breath for him to post more. 

On 4/21/2023 at 10:28 PM, SkOw said:

Biting my tongue is something I have to work on, not just in the comic world but life in general.  Too many times I'm just.... SkOw (shrug)

Next time. When you want to do this. Instead grab your significant other and bite their tongue.  It's more fun.

Plus it gives you that second of mental separation from the situation.  

--The thread title says nominating blackout---I thought the rules have a 30 day waiting period to  get matters resolved??...The initial box was posted on 4-14. so its only been about a week since the sale was made...I don't want to nitpick or  play down the potential problem, but your first line item is a little misleading-----1) Blackout lists a long box of comics he states has an FMV of 1800 for 1400 on the boards.  He says that he will break it into smaller lots after being warned about mystery boxes (In his defense, and I know he is a new seller here, they did used to be able to be sold here as I bought some from a few boardies previously on here.) ....Actually the seller noted the intent to break the box into smaller lots at the start, and well before the posted warning about mystery boxes...When they made the comment about a price for the whole box with just a picture that identified 1 or 2 comics, I actually thought they were joking.....Again, I don't want to play down the seriousness, but less than a week has gone by since you received the comics and I don't think it is fair to be  treating the seller this way...For the record I was  pleased with my recent $ 300+ purchase from the same seller..

On 4/22/2023 at 3:20 PM, rdp collectibles said:

--The thread title says nominating blackout---I thought the rules have a 30 day waiting period to  get matters resolved??...The initial box was posted on 4-14. so its only been about a week since the sale was made...I don't want to nitpick or  play down the potential problem, but your first line item is a little misleading-----1) Blackout lists a long box of comics he states has an FMV of 1800 for 1400 on the boards.  He says that he will break it into smaller lots after being warned about mystery boxes (In his defense, and I know he is a new seller here, they did used to be able to be sold here as I bought some from a few boardies previously on here.) ....Actually the seller noted the intent to break the box into smaller lots at the start, and well before the posted warning about mystery boxes...When they made the comment about a price for the whole box with just a picture that identified 1 or 2 comics, I actually thought they were joking.....Again, I don't want to play down the seriousness, but less than a week has gone by since you received the comics and I don't think it is fair to be  treating the seller this way...For the record I was  pleased with my recent $ 300+ purchase from the same seller..

Do you know the seller - kinda seems you have a relationship with him, based on the above post?

I don't think it's fair to get a short box when you bought a long box, but it seems your mileage varies.

Maybe you should PM Blackout and sort it out - or at least get him to post his side.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:19 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Which of the pictured books were not there?  For me that's the biggest offense because while you can argue over how many books constitute a long box (and I do agree with you on that), the fact that he sent pictures of what you WILL get and then you dont get it, that seems like it would be the most probation worthy part, since he didn't send what he promised.  

This is where my head went.  The size of a long box can be debated (though 250 -300 is the common range and what I would have expected). 

The refund offer and timing of editing the post, I guess could be debated....and he did ultimately agree to send the $330 (though that was rescinded, after he very easily could have made the problem go away).

But,  you didn't even get the books that were promised. 

How could it be UPS's fault? Did he ship multiple boxes and one of the boxes didn't make it? 

This is disappointing, but it seems like the $330 is a reasonable solution you can both agree to. Hopefully, he can refund the money through PP today, so it's quick and protected,  and this can be done. 

Matt, I’ve tried to work with you on this. I do not believe it was unreasonable for me to ask you cover shipping charges on a sale that has a no return policy. I believe we both have some fault in this sale. I lost money from PayPal fees and shipping supplies and more importantly it took a significant amount of time to get you packed up and shipped out. So asking for some assistance on the shipping did not seem reasonable, especially on a sale that had a no return policy. 

Unfortunately, you have kind of screwed me by making this public. We should have kept this matter private a bit longer. With that said, the damages of you making this public have already been done and until you are able to rectify making this public I will need to stay firm on my most recent return decision. 

I do hope/believe we can find a way past all this and look forward to hopefully moving in that direction. 

Thanks. 

On 4/22/2023 at 1:20 AM, rdp collectibles said:

I don't want to nitpick or  play down the potential problem, but your first line item is a little misleading-----1) Blackout lists a long box of comics he states has an FMV of 1800 for 1400 on the boards.  He says that he will break it into smaller lots after being warned about mystery boxes (In his defense, and I know he is a new seller here, they did used to be able to be sold here as I bought some from a few boardies previously on here.) ....Actually the seller noted the intent to break the box into smaller lots at the start, and well before the posted warning about mystery boxes...When they made the comment about a price for the whole box with just a picture that identified 1 or 2 comics, I actually thought they were joking

I agree with the other boardies on the other parts, but that part in bold is not accurate.  He was trying to sell it as a whole box, was warned and then edited his post and said in thread he would break it down into smaller lots.  Again, I'm not coming down on him for this, he is a new seller and in his defense if he had searched the board he would have found many mystery box threads on here, they used to happen a lot before the rules changed a few years ago.

On 4/21/2023 at 11:17 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Hopefully BlackOut21 will at least send the $330 as I too agree that was not a long box of comics by any measure (size, count, or weight ) Which were the agreed to amount.  I also agree this failed to meet the terms of sale and is probation worthy. 

Plus that whole message chain..

660c9af6232cdd8a76cfd0988a9bbd04be-17-meet-joe-black-car-crash-loop-new_w710.gif.d841e24e50a5edc005de375e9226da0f.gif

What are your thoughts @Buzzetta since you are one of the experts.. or were you about to go to bed? :baiting:

I went to bed. 

He asked me before this went live or as it was going live... 

I said:

I would have returned the whole thing if I could. 

He definitely screwed you over. 

At the very least every book pictured should have been included and after that list was provided, every book on that list should have been delivered. 

@BlackOut21 either did not ever intend to put the books in the box to begin with or had 'regerts' and pulled the books out along with others as he felt he was giving too good a deal.  Then he hoped he would not even notice.