• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

closed
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Need way more pictures, the more the better, especially if you're thinking of purchasing something of this scale and want us to give you some good help. At bare minimum we need a picture of the back cover. Can't even see the bottom of the cover in your picture of the front. Ideally we would have full front, one of each front corner, full back, one of each back corner, inside front cover, inside back cover, and centerfold.

EDIT : To clarify : It's important when buying a book like this to get a picture of the inside of the front and back cover because when there is a lot of money involved, people have a huge incentive to try amateur restoration. The most common of which is color touch. When done incorrectly, it will bleed through the covers. Restoration, btw, will half the value of the book usually. If it's a 4.0 restored it will sell for half of a 4.0 blue label. 

Edited by SolidShredder

The additional images are nice; however, the extensive moisture stain along the spine makes an inspection of the inside front cover, inside back cover, and centerfold spine mandatory.  I personally would never purchase a "big" book like this without first checking for interior moisture staining and the presence (or absence) of staple rust.  :foryou:

x1.thumb.jpg.709ea2a1a9d9cd8f063255d593bf4d91.jpg

Water damage is tricky. I would be really hesitant to plunk down Hulk #1 money without extensive photos. It's hard for me to even tell whether the TRBC is just soiling or more water damage given the angle of the photo. If you're not buying in-person, be suspicious if a seller is reluctant to provide all the images you ask for.