• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a professional inker can restore a lost of color on a comics?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have a book with a small lost of color did you think a professional inker can restore it? i know that will change the grade to restore but i want to keep for me so is not a problem, i just want its look like better. Screenshot_20230423-101146_Reddit.thumb.jpg.8eba9cde539449beb4be4a197d7e5ab8.jpg

Screenshot_20230423-101146_Reddit.jpg

Unless this is intended as an experiment in restoration, I'd ask you this: Is there another copy out there without this fault?

I'm sure there is. But keep this one to read and enjoy. (I usually become more fond of my tatty old reader copies than their VF counterparts, safely stashed away, as I rarely handle those copies.)

Edited by LowGradeBronze

a professional inker / colorist /artist could color that section in. How much would they charge? I also assume they would not be local to you so now you are shipping it. 

As a professional artist myself I wouldn't take this project on because I know in advance the likelihood of matching the color perfectly is zero and as the customer would you be happy?

In the end no matter how well executed the fix is I guarantee you would still notice it.

Sounds simpler to buy another copy for under $100

No, I don't think you can go to a con and walk up to someone in artist's alley and ask them to color that in for you. What your asking for is restoration. There are a lot of guys who offer comic restoration services, although I'd guess 95% of their work is done on ancient Golden/Silver/Bronze age books not moderns. Wouldn't hurt to ask. Just search around for comic pressing services on FB/IG/wherever and you'll find a bunch that offer comic restoration. Good luck. 

100% with the above comments.   Just buy another copy without the flaw, it'll be cheaper than having someone try to fuss with it and you won't have a restored copy.  For the record, you'd need a colorist not an inker, and even more to the point you'd want a pro restorer like Susan Cicconi-- and she's not cheap.

On 4/23/2023 at 12:50 PM, BA773 said:

How did you think that copie worth with this default?

even without the color loss defect, the book has several spine ticks so the book is probably worth $30 maybe $40 max.