• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Denver 2023 CGCS instructions
2 2

8 posts in this topic

1. you can dig around the Signature Room subforum for general info and discussion about the CGC SS stuff.

2.  You can dig around the CGC website for contact info and possible info about the specific event you're looking at.

3.  But very generally, if CGC has a booth at the convention, you can literally walk up to the booth, and arrange for a CGC witness to follow you (or meet you) for a an artist/creator/entertainer signing, at which point they will witness the signature, then THEY hold on to your book until all the books you want signed have been signed.  Then you fill out some paperwork (you've probably been filling it out throughout, or maybe you completed it online before coming to the show, but I wouldn't because sometimes you can't get all the sigs you want or you get more than you thought).  And they leave with your books, you pay for a terrible $12 hot dog and then you drive home.  There might be benefits to contacting cgc ahead of time because some signers have special events or special instructions related to their signings.  

4.  If cgc does not have a booth, you probably need to go through a CGC SS facilitator.  Contact that facilitator prior to the show to figure out the specifics, which actually can vary quite a bit.  

5.  Very generally, if you are contacting CGC or a facilitator or asking questions here it helps to provide some detail and ask specific questions because the answers probably do depend situationally and you're theoretically trying to make it easy for folks to help you.

good luck.

It has been stated but just to make sure you understand...

DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING SIGNED PRIOR TO SPEAKING WITH CGC!

1. Do not walk up to the cgc booth with books that already have signatures
  2. Do not have an artist sign your book then take it to cgc

DO go to the CGC booth first and ask for help about the SS process! 

1. Do happily walk with the facilitator to the artist with your books
  2. Do thank both the artist & facilitator for their assistance and charming personalities
  3. Do skip the hot dog and return home knowing that your books will eventually return... someday.

For some reason, Denver never has an actual CGC booth, so you'll have to find a CGC facilitator. There was one there last year although that info isn't widely advertised, so you'll have to ask around to find where that is. I'll definitely be looking for them myself.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:52 PM, EliW0894 said:

For some reason, Denver never has an actual CGC booth, so you'll have to find a CGC facilitator. There was one there last year although that info isn't widely advertised, so you'll have to ask around to find where that is. I'll definitely be looking for them myself.

Hi.  I am actually facilitating Fan Expo Denver this year.  Please check out this thread:

On 5/9/2023 at 11:52 PM, EliW0894 said:

Sent you a DM about facilitating Fan Expo Denver.