• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding out grades
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I submitted my first batch of books ever a week ago, and now they showed up in the tracker.

I noticed the tracker has a section for grades.

Does the grade show up as soon as it's graded? If so, do you (personally) like to read it there or do you prefer to wait to open your mail to see what grades you got?

Seems more fun to wait, if I have the patience. Which I'm sure I don't.

it shows up when they have mailed it out (aka when it is too late for the customer to complain about it and for it to be changed).  

I've always been a set it and forget person.  If I mail them out, they could be coming back in 2 months or six months,  I don't care so I don't look.   its a nice surprise gift from my past self when they arrive.

You can bribe yourself into being  patient.  If you wait to open, you can buy yourself a milkshake.  Or you can negatively reinforce yourself, guess the grades ahead of time, and do 100 pushups for every book you guess wrong (but only do this if you check the grades early).  

On 4/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, revat said:

You can bribe yourself into being  patient.  If you wait to open, you can buy yourself a milkshake.  Or you can negatively reinforce yourself, guess the grades ahead of time, and do 100 pushups for every book you guess wrong (but only do this if you check the grades early).  

I am a refresh-my-browser-every-30-seconds kind of person.

I will bribe myself by telling myself that the grade will be lower if I check it on the site, and higher if I open it in the mail.

I'm sure Grade-Reveal Parties will be the next big trend.

"CONGRATULATIONS!  It's a NINE!"

On 4/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, revat said:

I've always been a set it and forget person.  If I mail them out, they could be coming back in 2 months or six months,  I don't care so I don't look.   its a nice surprise gift from my past self when they arrive.

This is me.  The day they show up is a happy surprise... No pushups required. 

On 4/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, Wildhair44 said:

I have been waiting since 11/14/22. They say 15 day turnaround for basic magazine. Maybe I will get it next year.

If they told you 15 days you should call and ask about it.  That’s too ridiculous.

So they at least know folks are mad about it

When ever I e mail them (every friday for the last two mo.) they tell me it is graded should be any time, or we got new holders we were waiting for, or the do not respond. But I always get that stupid e mail asking if I was happy with their service. LOL WHAT SERVICE?