• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie submission question
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Recently I completed the form for my first CGC submission.  I submitted 11 comics with grading as the primary service.  After entering all 11, I chose “add additional service” to this order, as I also wanted two of the comics pressed before grading.

After choosing add additional service, I was prompted to select the comic title from scratch again, just as I had done with grading.  

After completing and submitting my order, I noticed that my slip said I had submitted 13 comics instead of my actual 11.

Did I not follow proper procedure?  I saw no method for adding pressing to two books in my existing order other than the way I did it.  But it seems the system now thinks I submitted two more comics than I actually did.

Thanks for the help!

Just start the whole process over.  Throw the first invoice away.

also, I’m pretty sure each invoice needs to have all the same services. 

so In this case make one submission for the 2 comics you want pressed first

and another submission for the other 9 comics

Pressing can be added before grading. You just have to click on pressing with the grading. Only thing in your case is you may have to do two submissions. One submission is the 9 graded without the pressing, and the second submission is the 2 graded with the pressing. I don’t think the system lets you pick and choose to press some and not others. It’s the entire submission or none.

Edit: what @revat said

Edited by 850chris

On 4/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, revat said:

Just start the whole process over.  Throw the first invoice away.

also, I’m pretty sure each invoice needs to have all the same services. 

so In this case make one submission for the 2 comics you want pressed first

and another submission for the other 9 comics

So that will be 2 invoice fees, and 2 sets of return shipping 

but you can mail everything to CGC together (try to sort it reasonably)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my submission has already been shipped and was delivered today.  I had no issue in adding the additional service to my invoice.

I never saw a service of “pressing with grading”, it was only one or the other.  That’s why it made sense to me that when I finished my grading entries, I was given the option of adding additional services, (to what I thought were my existing entries).

I guess I’ll just have to reach out directly to CGC.  Thanks again.

On 4/27/2023 at 7:49 PM, FantasticDan said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my submission has already been shipped and was delivered today.  I had no issue in adding the additional service to my invoice.

I never saw a service of “pressing with grading”, it was only one or the other.  That’s why it made sense to me that when I finished my grading entries, I was given the option of adding additional services, (to what I thought were my existing entries).

I guess I’ll just have to reach out directly to CGC.  Thanks again.

Yes if you’ve already mailed, any answer  given by the random strangers here should be “you should probably ask cgc directly”