• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 2 Results
3 3

26 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2023 at 6:42 PM, musicmeta said:

Feast or famine with me on round 2.  Two bullseyes, one point off but 3pts off each on two books. My grades were lower. :frustrated: 7pts. 

Excuse me but why is @musicmeta listed ahead of me when we have the same score? Can I be listed ahead of musicmeta? Thank you.

• Administrator
On 4/30/2023 at 9:29 PM, Kramerica said:

Excuse me but why is @musicmeta listed ahead of me when we have the same score? Can I be listed ahead of musicmeta? Thank you.

hm

On 4/30/2023 at 3:16 PM, zzutak said:

The Grader Notes say "light, multiple scuffs."  I thought the scuffing was extensive enough to warrant a more severe deduction (so my own grade assessment was lower than CGC's).  Here's a comparison of back covers for Contest Book 7 (upper image) and a previously graded CGC 9.0 (lower image).  Live and learn, right?  (shrug)

07b.thumb.jpg.cd5d243dea16ec9943639453a9f6fb68.jpg

07d.thumb.jpg.eb36b4ab0ac18f92746d55467c55b0fc.jpg

Those scuffs crossed from right to left and went down 3/4 of the cover.  I don't think it was scuffed but it has foxing where the bubbles appeared on the yellow background.  I believe the bubbles fell off the cover. It took my time to determine my grade.

On 4/30/2023 at 4:16 PM, zzutak said:

The Grader Notes say "light, multiple scuffs."  I thought the scuffing was extensive enough to warrant a more severe deduction (so my own grade assessment was lower than CGC's).  Here's a comparison of back covers for Contest Book 7 (upper image) and a previously graded CGC 9.0 (lower image).  Live and learn, right?  (shrug)

07b.thumb.jpg.cd5d243dea16ec9943639453a9f6fb68.jpg

How about "dozens" or more like "hundreds of scuffs"?  :frustrated:

Man, I had two bullseyes this round, and two that were off by one grade, but that Jungle really boned me. I had it as a 4.0, looked like a spine split and a lot of other stuff going on with it. oh well. I'm buried in the middle, no way to make a comeback, but I'll keep fighting!