• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your (Relatively) Least Favorite Silver Age Superhero
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 1:32 AM, Robot Man said:

One of the funniest episodes of The Big Bang Theory…

I considered Metamorpho as he was one of the few DC titles that came to Australia in the 1960s. As a kid born in 1954 I thought he was okay and when Sparling came on board with the female Metamorpho I was looking forward to it but it got canned then. Dial H for Hero, was always interesting as a curiosity thing. I'm still voting for Ant Man (not Giant Man who I loved,) but a guy who just shrank to a few inches high, no smaller no larger and rode ants ?? Did not sell well, and that is why he was soon joined by Wasp, and even that did not work so he was literally bumped up to Giant Man. TTA 59 was one of my favourite Marvel books as a kid, always thought it should rate higher on collectors radar.

On 5/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I considered Metamorpho as he was one of the few DC titles that came to Australia in the 1960s. As a kid born in 1954 I thought he was okay and when Sparling came on board with the female Metamorpho I was looking forward to it but it got canned then. Dial H for Hero, was always interesting as a curiosity thing. I'm still voting for Ant Man (not Giant Man who I loved,) but a guy who just shrank to a few inches high, no smaller no larger and rode ants ?? Did not sell well, and that is why he was soon joined by Wasp, and even that did not work so he was literally bumped up to Giant Man. TTA 59 was one of my favourite Marvel books as a kid, always thought it should rate higher on collectors radar.

I don't have issue #59 of TTA but have #56, where Giant Man grows incrementally. It's one of about 6 issues I have in the run, and most of my other issues are from the pre-hero era.

TTA56front.jpg

On 5/5/2023 at 5:32 PM, Robot Man said:

One of the funniest episodes of The Big Bang Theory…

I knew it was from that show, though I never saw any episodes. My wife loved it, but in just overhearing while she was watching it didn't seem to be something for me. There's something that grates on my nerves about those live audience shows where they boost the volume of every little giggle to a roar. But maybe I'll catch up with it at some point. Never say never. 

On 5/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I'm still voting for Ant Man (not Giant Man who I loved,) but a guy who just shrank to a few inches high, no smaller no larger and rode ants ?? Did not sell well, and that is why he was soon joined by Wasp, and even that did not work so he was literally bumped up to Giant Man.

You don’t find heroic a guy whose crime fighting career was limited to trying not to be killed by a random cat or dog?