• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible..

50 posts in this topic

the fleck is practically invisible to the eye. You have to stare at it close to find it. It just looks big under magnification.

You are looking at the book with a magnifying glass? Remind me to leave the hobby if I ever get to that point. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

My boyfriend worked as a card grader for an undisclosed company and 10 and sometimes 20X magnification is needed to see hidden flaws. This is why he grades so harshly on comics.

If that is actually the case, you might have 9.9 or 'gasp' a....Grading Bastiche cannot say it. It is a myth, I tell you. There is no such thing as a Grade 10 comic!!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK, this might sound a bit arsey, but...

Are you intending slabbing this book and selling?

Or is it your own personal copy that you intend keeping?

If it's option 1, I can see why the difference between 9.6, 9.8 and 9.9 would truly matter.

If it's option 2, though... confused-smiley-013.gif

It's got that tiny stress regardless of what CGC might call it. Hell, they could call it a 4.5, but it wouldn't matter, would it? It's still, in your eyes, a truly beautiful book?