• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this signature look legit to you? Also, seeking advice when selling.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

So as I was getting ready to sell this Justice League #1 (1987) I was doing a page count/check and discovered this signature on the first page.  I've also found the exact same signature on  a Justice League #5 in the same place.  It looks pretty legit to me, though Mr Maguire does now seem to make a fancier K, but I'm no expert. So what do you think?  I bought these books from an estate auction so I have no idea on it's history or a COA.

So now when I go to sell this I will disclose the writing and provide pictures of it but would this be considered an asset or flaw to the book or should I just consider it a wash and price normally?

Thanks!

IMG_1826.jpg

Common books like these, the value is significantly increased  percentagewise if the signature looks legit.  If you have a good faith belief the signatures are real for Justice League 1 and Justice League 5  think you could ask from 20% to 100% more than the unsigned version.  Ironically, the lower the grade of the book, the higher percentage premium you could ask.

Good luck.

On 5/4/2023 at 6:28 PM, Dr Zen said:

Kevin Maguire is pretty active on social media. You can ask him if it's legit and there's a good chance you will get a reply.

That would go a long way in selling the book.

Great idea!  Now I just have to figure out this social media thing... hm