• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warner Bros.'s THE MEG 2: THE TRENCH starring Jason Statham (8/4/23)

18 posts in this topic

Please god, make it stop.......

The Meg was terrible!

On 5/9/2023 at 8:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

Drink up!

:baiting:

Not going to lie - I've seen worse.

Man, Jason Statham is morphing into Barry Pepper before our eyes......

Bad shark movie - BRING IT ON! 

These books were my childhood, and I remember talking to the author, Steve Alten, via email. He was a lovely guy. A hit too into his own books though. He promised me movies would be made. It only took 20 years or so, but he kept his word. 

He just never promised me GOOD movies. 

Spoiler

But don't worry, the books are far worse. 

Edited by Cat

On 7/19/2023 at 3:39 PM, kimik said:

Will this be available for free on streaming channels before or after August 31st?

After. 

Or, the more fun question: Will The Meg 2 last longer in theatres than The Flash? And, will it have a bigger box office domestically and internationally than The Flash?

On 7/19/2023 at 1:50 PM, kimik said:

Or, the more fun question: Will The Meg 2 last longer in theatres than The Flash? And, will it have a bigger box office domestically and internationally than The Flash?

Well the first one "The Meg" doubled what "The Flash" did.  $530m Global vs $267m Global, so I'd say it has a good shot about beating "The Flash".

Legit more looking forward to this than probably any other movie until Dune II.  

Something to be said for lowered expectations.

Who doesn't love a fun dopey big shark movie? My only problem with it is it's rated too family friendly to really be worth it, and they've stretched the already huge megalodon to ridiculous proportions when they didn't have to. Still, it's worth the watch. 

On 7/20/2023 at 1:24 AM, Cat said:

Who doesn't love a fun dopey big shark movie? My only problem with it is it's rated too family friendly to really be worth it, and they've stretched the already huge megalodon to ridiculous proportions when they didn't have to. Still, it's worth the watch. 

Prescreen blah blah:

Spoiler

they didn't have a Prescreen for this movie, but what they did have? Is a contest to win tickets to a regular movie showing, so I'm here now. Been a minute since I've seen normal movie in theaters, translation? The tickets were $15 a piece, which were free due to winning tickets, but I had to check out reserving tickets online after winning, which was a $11 convenience online fee. Lol

Plus drinks at $15. 

I saw the first one as a prescreen for free, so if this is any give back I'm happy. If it is a sequel or continuing idk.

It'll be nice just to be in a cool theater with my brother, on a Sunday afternoon. Do I root for the shark or Jason?

Edit it to say "screen x?" Idk if some sort of iMac but everything is comfortable seating with a huge screen. SHARK!

Screenshot_20230806-125747.png

b393a5f02e76a0850da0b2b242cd6a27--shark-s-salsa.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

There were actually other people in the screen X theater!

Idk if it was due to the special theater, not even enough people to fill up a row.

Screen X is due to the side walls showing as a screen as well!

And not just in front of you, which this is my 1st to experience, that was awesome! 

That's about it. :)

On 8/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm waiting for "The Megnado"........so I can binge watch them all together.

familyguy-shutup.gif.b1a634672de3cfca801dd7e4a94663f0.gif