• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure if this book i bought is tampered with

12 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 12:36 PM, Rickytheruler said:

do you know why the spacing would be like that?

I'm guessing you're talking about the margin between the grade sticker and text? I'm not sure, but here's a recently-completed eBay auction with the same discrepancy:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yxgAAOSwJk9jFKp2/s-l1600.png

If only there was a third-party holder certification service...

On 5/9/2023 at 12:03 PM, Rickytheruler said:

i was talking about what is inbetween you might hve to zoom in but i could fit my nail through it, just asking because this is the first graded book i ever bought 

That's normal on CGC slabs. It can actually be useful in the rare circumstance when debris gets trapped in the slab during encapsulation, as you can slide a piece of paper in the the cap to catch it.

It's a normal slab. Congratulations on the win, and on the nice slab! 

On 5/9/2023 at 5:43 PM, Rickytheruler said:

i bought this book but the spacing of the letters is concerning as ive seen other books of the same grade with different spacing also the side of the book might show signs of cracks not sure as i am new to collecting 

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 10.43.05 AM.png

All is ok! I understand your concern about the purchased comic book. If you have doubts about its authenticity, I recommend that you conduct additional checks. Perhaps try contacting a book collector or an expert familiar with this type of comic book. They can provide a professional assessment and help determine if it is fake or not. I have come across this before and I asked the person to do my assignment for college, found https://edubirdie.com/do-my-assignment for this while I was figuring it out. Also contact the retailer or store where you purchased the book. They can provide additional information about product quality and authenticity. It is important to be careful and check such details, especially for collectible items.

Edited by AnnSteverson