• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me make a decision on a ASM 129
1 1

48 posts in this topic

You've heard the expression marry in haste, repent at leisure. Same here. Don't let some upcoming TV show force you into an artificial choice between these two distinctly average looking copies. For the long term aim of being an ASM129 owner, it's worth weathering any short term storms. They are just white noise. Chances are you'd spring for one of these and a beauty would follow along and give you severe buyer's remorse. Pursue one with the sense of a hunter tracking down his prey. Then the right one will come into your sights! Good luck.

On 5/12/2023 at 4:35 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

You've heard the expression marry in haste, repent at leisure. Same here. Don't let some upcoming TV show force you into an artificial choice between these two distinctly average looking copies. For the long term aim of being an ASM129 owner, it's worth weathering any short term storms. They are just white noise. Chances are you'd spring for one of these and a beauty would follow along and give you severe buyer's remorse. Pursue one with the sense of a hunter tracking down his prey. Then the right one will come into your sights! Good luck.

Thank you and everyone else for your opinions and we'll thought out points. I will keep looking for a better presenting copy. This is why I love this group and honored to be in touch with great fellow comic collectors. 

On 5/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, B2D327 said:

My copy was similar to copy B and cleaned up nicely with a spine correction that allowed me to flip it for a nice profit. If you plan on cracking the slab, I think yours could get a grade bump too

This is a reason I'd choose B. A wrap issue has a chance of correction.  A torn away piece has a zero chance of being fixed in this situation.  

In top of that I don't have a big problem with a rolled spine.  Much more of an eyesore to me to see a torn piece.  At least with the wrap, the comic is all there,  it's just rolled.