• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC vs. PGX

64 posts in this topic

PGX SUCKS!

CGC ROCKS!

I like to hear opinions too, but this tells me absolutely nothing. Just reminds me of a New Yorker yelling "Go Yankees" and booing the opposing team. If you like or don't like a company, great, tell us why through your own personal experiences with the company.

I feel that this article above, has very good points in the arguments for pgx. I does say that the PGX label and case, "looks better which I don't agree with. But, maybe that's because PGX is less known and I am just use to seeing CGC. It seems that PGX graded comics sell for less than CGC. This is not a fact, but through my personal observations that is what it seems like. I wonder if they grade easier or harder. I'm sure that this is very subjective in itself, but does anyone know of tests where the same comics have been sent in to CGC and PGX to compare grades? It seems like a magazine or interenet site should do this experiment to see which is true.

My personal opinion so far

CGC

*More well known

*Better looking Label

*Label-has more info

*Have a census

*Comics usually sell for more

PGX

*Stronger holder

*Cheaper rates

*Holder offers more visibility of books

*Turn around times better

I don't know about grading, but PGX sets limits on amount of books they will grade at a given time.

I just want a cheap reliable service. I think CGC has overdone it with their prices. 29 bucks for modern is ridiculous. Silver borders on the insane.

If any of you went to the New York comic con I brought a stack of books to get graded. When they told me the prices I said " Are you guys sick?"

I didnt know I was paying the King of Morrocos' salary.

On that note I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Moderns are $19 a book. Submit 2 to 9 books and they are $16 per book. If you submit more then 10 books they are $15 per book. If you go through on online submission form you might find one that offers a 20% discount, bringing the charge down to around $12 per modern book, depending on the quantity of your submission.

Turn times are ON TIME for ALL tiers and we have put a guaranty on all turn times for books submitted until January 2006. If we are late, you get 20% off what you paid. AND, WE HAVE LOWERED THE MODERN TURN AROUND TIME FROM 20 BUISNESS DAYS TO 15 BUISNESS DAYS! Read here:

READ ME

Onsite moderns are $22 per book, which you save on shipping. You should get your books back by the end of the show.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Personally I love the fact that they are on time. It has been about 4 months since my last sub. Since Steve came on and made the guarantee and that their times are to normal I have sent in another $600+ submission.

The only grip I have, and if they changed it it would be HUGE. Is to make the Economy limit up to $1000 just take longer. I would send in hundreds.

GO CGC, you have really turned my head.