• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

****The Collector's Summit****Dallas, Texas November 4-5, 2023
5 5

86 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 9:29 AM, LadyDeath said:

Wish I could've went, a bit too far away. Any good Bakers floating around?

yes...

high grade Phantom Lady's

several very nice Seven Seas

saw a bunch of teen age romances and diary secrets

On 11/9/2023 at 9:34 AM, Funnybooks said:

yes...

high grade Phantom Lady's

several very nice Seven Seas

saw a bunch of teen age romances and diary secrets

Ah, some stuff probably out of my price range... unless the TaR/DS books were modest.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:29 AM, LadyDeath said:

Wish I could've went, a bit too far away. Any good Bakers floating around?

Well, there's one less.  I did buy an Authentic Police Cases #10. :D  Slabbed, but not high-grade or anything, and I may have overpaid a bit, but what the heck, why not?

From my notes, it looks like MCS also had a Cinderella Love #29 (I almost pulled the trigger on this, but just couldn't. lol.), Hawk #12, Teenage Romances #1, Teenage Temptations #3, Wartime Romances #16 & #18, etc.  I'm sure I saw others from other dealers there including high-end wall books, too, but I didn't write anything down.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, Telegan said:

Well, there's one less.  I did buy an Authentic Police Cases #10. :D  Slabbed, but not high-grade or anything, and I may have overpaid a bit, but what the heck, why not?

From my notes, it looks like MCS also had a Cinderella Love #29 (I almost pulled the trigger on this, but just couldn't. lol.), Hawk #12, Teenage Romances #1, Teenage Temptations #3, Wartime Romances #16 & #18, etc.  I'm sure I saw others from other dealers there including high-end wall books, too, but I didn't write anything down.

Thanks for filling me in. APC #10 is a good one, I've seen it online but never pulled the trigger. Low grade doesn't bother me, especially when it comes to Baker. Pretty much the only way I can stockpile his covers. Always thought Hawk #12 was one of his cooler western ones. I have a 4.0 Hawk #9. Haven't seen too many graded copies for #12.

Edited by LadyDeath

On 11/9/2023 at 5:38 PM, LadyDeath said:

Thanks for filling me in. APC #10 is a good one, I've seen it online but never pulled the trigger. Low grade doesn't bother me, especially when it comes to Baker. Pretty much the only way I can stockpile his covers. Always thought Hawk #12 was one of his cooler western ones. I have a 4.0 Hawk #9. Haven't seen too many graded copies for #12.

Yeah, I hear ya.  MCS had some of their books they'd have for sale online here.  When they did that, I made a list of stuff I'd want, and my budget was pretty much done after a few books.  lol.  There were a ton of raws there from various dealers, too, but I don't know what "the Baker frequency" was in those boxes.  Even the graded APC #10 was kind of wonky on the back where the ad looked like it was printed kind of crooked, but I was ok with the front, so it was "good enough" for me.

Sorry for the bump, but there are some podcasts, videos, and opinions of the event floating in on YouTube : 

I love the following one because it's younger dudes going gaga over some of the "grails" they're seeing or hearing about at the Summit.  Nice to see some younger dudes thinking about diving into the deep end.  Hopefully they don't get burned.

Edited by Telegan