• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the longest series run you collected?
5 5

109 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2023 at 6:53 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

So I haven’t decided where I want to start at. I have it right now at 608, so the hush storyline, to 713. (Which I have 27 to go, all common books) and then probably the other volumes too so it would be current.

or I could go the other direction and go with older books. I really wonder if they decide to switch back to regular numbering or will it always be legacy numbering.

No rush  either way I guess

Hmmm... i think DC will never stop with this freaking legacy numbering, for me that just poor. They have to stop to live with the past! If they regrets to had restart to n°1 they just have to assume now. 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:54 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

My longest completed run would have to be 

My Superman Collection. 

Superman 200 - Current    and

Action Comics  300 - Current

Both Direct are complete 

but  a few away from 200 on Action and 100 on Superman

This includes a TON of Variants. As in almost two complete runs of both as I started separating newsstand and went back and filled in any direct or newsstand issues I have been missing. 

I also have almost all DC Universe Variants , working on all Mark Jeweler's, TONS of Foreign, Whitmans, Incentives, Mail always, Give Aways,  (Except Mall Variants 443 those went to Kirk)  , RRPs , Sales sheets , ordering books, Ad Kits , Promotional (anything and everything) any oddities/errors , even a massive collection of books I have had signed at cons and stores over the years. (Always went back and got unsigned raws to keep the runs clean as possible)

When I do complete the full newsstand runs I am really contemplating going back again to the newsstands and separating them again into CPV and making those sets. 

I have also finished many other runs.

Wolverine to Current (Direct)

almost all Variants only a few tough ones left 145 nabisco, 310 Platt (Sketch) Wolverine 1 (JSC) .

Like Superman I went back with Wolverine and am working on every newsstand is for all of Wolverine as well. That is probably 80% 

I have MANY other runs completed and TONS that I am working on but those are currently my longest runs by far. 

:jawdrop:

That is impressive, to say the very least! (worship)

On 5/18/2023 at 1:04 PM, OtherEric said:

For whatever reason, that's the title where I wound up getting all the variant covers as well; although I didn't bother getting the trades and the variants they had on one or two of those.

love the variant covers on WicDiv, they're gorgeous. I have a lot of them, so I would have to go into my collection and note down exactly what variants I have, but maybe after I get the base issues, I'll go for variants too. The variants on DIE are also stunning. I got a poster of the issue 3 second printing variant signed by Stephanie Hans way back in spring 2019 and it's been on my wall ever since.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:08 PM, electricprune said:

I have the following runs graded by CGC:

Ghost Rider 1-81

Tomb of Dracula 1-70 and the 5 Giant Size

Vigilante 1-50 and the 2 annuals

New Teen Titans 1-40 and 41-44 of Tales of the Teen Titans and Annuals 1-3

Vault of Evil 1-23

Debbi’s Dates 1-11

The Joker 1-9

Night Nurse 1-4

Emergency! 1-4

The Ghost Rider, ToD, Vigilante, New Teen Titans, and the Joker are all 9.8s.

Then I have the following runs that are mostly raw:

Falling in Love 10-143

Heart Throbs 47-146

Girls’s Love Stories 46-180

Girls’s Romances 44-160

Love Stories 147-152

Secret Hearts 39-153

Young Love 39-126

Young Romance 125-208

These are the DC/National runs aside from a few early issues that I don’t chase.

New teen titans is the kind of stuff that I would love to own

I'm not much of a completionist (at all).  My longest run was Ultimate Spider-Man.  It had just began around the time I started reading and collecting comics.  I had 1-86 before I stopped.  I'm a big Batman Adventures fan so I have that run from 1-36.  I am also a Futurama fan so at one time I had 1-44 before I stopped reading the title and sold them.

My only older comic run is Wrightson's Swamp Thing 1-24.  Love that series.  I read some of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing for the first time last year and enjoyed it.  But I don't own any except for issue #21 (my favorite cover).

On 6/4/2023 at 10:17 PM, Norrin_Radd said:

I'm not much of a completionist (at all).  My longest run was Ultimate Spider-Man.  It had just began around the time I started reading and collecting comics.  I had 1-86 before I stopped.  I'm a big Batman Adventures fan so I have that run from 1-36.  I am also a Futurama fan so at one time I had 1-44 before I stopped reading the title and sold them.

My only older comic run is Wrightson's Swamp Thing 1-24.  Love that series.  I read some of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing for the first time last year and enjoyed it.  But I don't own any except for issue #21 (my favorite cover).

Wrightson Swamp Things! I also have the original run. Loved the first 10 issues story and art