• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the longest series run you collected?
5 5

109 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2023 at 5:46 PM, youfoundjake said:

Afterwards, its a complete Flash run that I want next.

Just curious - do you count the Showcase issues in for your quest?

I am missing two of the Showcase issues (4 and 8) as well as 112. #132 is on my list as I recently discovered my copy has some defect that I either missed (like a missing centerfold) or didn't care about at the time but decided was just too rough, even for me (who doesn't have high standards, with many 2.0 or 2.5 books in the collection as long as they aren't awful).

On 6/12/2023 at 7:27 PM, ttfitz said:

Just curious - do you count the Showcase issues in for your quest?

I am missing two of the Showcase issues (4 and 8) as well as 112. #132 is on my list as I recently discovered my copy has some defect that I either missed (like a missing centerfold) or didn't care about at the time but decided was just too rough, even for me (who doesn't have high standards, with many 2.0 or 2.5 books in the collection as long as they aren't awful).

I wouldn't be against including the Showcase issues.  105-350 is the run I want to complete ultimately.

Up until I enlisted in the military back in the early 90s, I was reading Uncanny X-Men (#97-#260) and GI Joe ARAH (#1- #49) before selling off my collection. Restarted on X-men #300 but I just couldn’t follow the stories the same way so I’ve just been reading/picking up books randomly ever since

Complete ASM & DD runs, and still going.  Plus all of the other Spideys (PPSSM, Web of, MTU, and everything else). I have all Dr. Strange from ST 110 until a few years ago. My X-Men goes below 142, but I have since then everything. Many 9f the others complete too. At over 27k books I've got a lot of complete stuff.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:31 AM, kaculler said:

I haven't completed Four Color yet, but I do have #248-1354 from Series II and am down to needing 32 issues to finish it off.

After that, my longest run is probably Action Comics #228-present. 

Two very impressive runs.

I often thought about trying to collect the Four Color run, but it seemed a daunting task.