• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 7.5 OW FMV--*CLOSED*
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Hello all! Just one big key for this one--here are the rules:

-        I will ignore any 'take it' posted here--you must PM me if you are interested in the book.

-        SHIPPING: No shipping outside of the USA at the moment (if you live in Canada and are really interested in this, PM me and maybe we can work something out—will likely be at cost). Insurance is included in the cost of the book. Needless to say, the package will be bomb-proof.

-        RETURNS: No returns on slabbed books.

-        PAYMENT: Expected within 3 days of receiving the invoice in your PM. At this time (still pretty new to the forums, and I want to make sure everyone is comfortable), I am only accepting PayPal ‘goods and services’. If you are comfortable with other forms and wish to pay by some other method, shoot me a PM and we can discuss further. *ADDENDUM: Because I need to move this book and really don't want to go the feeBay route, I am willing to accept the following: Zelle, check, money order (and for these methods--and IF you are an established CGC member with a good sales record on the site--I am willing to ship the book before payment as a gesture of goodwill since I am a newer member

-        OFFERS: No offers on this one--price is firm.

-        Finally, no HOS’s or Probies.

And I apologize beforehand for the reflections—I don’t yet have a scanner, so I did the best I could with the slab. Just hit me up if you want more pictures/information. 

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Edited by Nsschenks

On 5/17/2023 at 1:01 PM, Jack Linguini said:

Looks like a nice book. Please try harder on the photos. Why go to the trouble to sell such a nice book but you can't supply good photos ?
You are hurting your chances of getting a good sale. GLWTS.

JL

Totally reasonable--I don't have a scanner, but I will try and update the photos in a bit with more detail. Thanks for the feedback!

On 5/17/2023 at 11:28 AM, Nsschenks said:

Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 7.5 OW Pages-- $5,350 shipped

Really wanted to keep this one (it's my first), but had labrum surgery recently and, well, you know how healthcare costs go in the US...

FMV is $6,000; last three sales on GoCollect are $5,800, $5,899, and $5,280* (*Heritage, which I believe doesn't include the hefty buyer's premium, which would bring this closer to $6k). Again, let me know if you have any questions or would like any more pictures!

*Notes: small newton rings at lower left corner of 'L' in Hulk. Book has been pressed.

I have a 7.5 as well so I looked up this sale.

In this instance the $5280 does include the Buyer's Premium (but not tax and shipping, etc)...

image.thumb.png.db9e70025a4b4133b56e6d5e75ca3c65.png

On 5/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, manetteska said:

I have a 7.5 as well so I looked up this sale.

In this instance the $5280 does include the Buyer's Premium (but not tax and shipping, etc)...

image.thumb.png.db9e70025a4b4133b56e6d5e75ca3c65.png

Oh ok sorry about that! I’ll edit my listing (though I suppose taxes could tack on another $300-400, right?) And thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Nsschenks

On 5/17/2023 at 2:06 PM, Jack Linguini said:

Excellent. You can see the colors are really good on this one.
Thanks for taking the criticism nicely. I don't like to be a jerk.

really nice 7.5

JL

Thanks! And of course, I’ll never shun constructive criticism. You’re not being a jerk at all.

Ok, last post I swear! One more offer for this book, which I will run through tonight:

I am willing to offer this at $5,100 shipped if you can pay by a no-fee method (Zelle, check, money order). As a gesture of good-will since I am a newer member, I am willing to ship the book before receiving payment if you opt for this route. That said, if you are a lurker/scammer on these forums: do not try and take advantage of this--I am not stupid. If I do this, you must be an established CGC member with a good record on these forums. I've frequented the forums enough to recognize many of the regular buyers and sellers here, so I want to be as comfortable with this as you are.

To adjust for this offer, I've changed the rules for priority--no longer accepting 'take it' posted here--you must PM me. If I receive multiple PM's, I will go by time. And if you have any questions about the book, please feel free to ask (I originally bought it here from a reputable seller and can provide a link if you require).  I know this is a bit unorthodox, but again, I'd feel much more comfortable selling this here to someone with a good reputation in the community than to a rando on eBay. (And of course the original offer of $5,250 using PayPal 'Goods and Services' still stands). 

Thanks for looking everyone! I will close this by tomorrow morning at the latest if there are no takers.