• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waviness on a modern comic
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Have a question about waviness. I have a 9.6 Last of Us comic that is wavy at the top and bottom (see photo below). It was like this when I purchased it. Is this just something to expect with modern comics or is this something that happened from the storing conditions from the previous owner? I’m thinking of selling it am just wondering if this will affect the price and turn off potential buyers. Thanks!

DA4FB857-A602-4B50-BB6B-67124A42893E.jpeg

64AA9868-6339-4014-B170-0F2FDE2E27A0.jpeg

Probably original storage conditions (pre-slabbing). If someone stored it upright with no support, or in a slightly tight box with no board, then it tends to develop this warp over time. I've seen it a ton looking at comics that are being sold by non-collectors unfortunately. But I don't think it'll affect a selling price since it's already graded, and modern paper is a lot hardier than it used to be, so the warp won't affect the cover ink.