• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Pretty Blatant Fakery
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I was on the fence with the Mazzuchelli since it almost looks like something sloppy he might have tossed off at a con at some point, but the Watterson sketches are laughable. 

I did note that the seller put the following in the description as an attempt at a CYA: 

"ATTENTION: COMIC FAIR PROVENANCE SKETCH - I'M SELLING THIS ITEM AS "REPRO" OR "TRIBUTE" SINCE I NO HAVE "C.O.A." OR ANY COMPROBATORY DOCUMENTS - AGAIN: TOTAL LACK OF ORIGINALITY COMPROBATORY DOCUMENTS / PAPERS !!!" 

But the listing titles definitely don't have any mention of them "possibly" being fakes.  

Bob Kane was dead a solid 13 years before Capullo did his first work for DC on Batman. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256083667097?hash=item3b9fc6a899:g:e9QAAOSwyqNkanNz

On 5/23/2023 at 12:19 PM, rlextherobot said:

I was on the fence with the Mazzuchelli since it almost looks like something sloppy he might have tossed off at a con at some point, but the Watterson sketches are laughable. 

I did note that the seller put the following in the description as an attempt at a CYA: 

"ATTENTION: COMIC FAIR PROVENANCE SKETCH - I'M SELLING THIS ITEM AS "REPRO" OR "TRIBUTE" SINCE I NO HAVE "C.O.A." OR ANY COMPROBATORY DOCUMENTS - AGAIN: TOTAL LACK OF ORIGINALITY COMPROBATORY DOCUMENTS / PAPERS !!!" 

But the listing titles definitely don't have any mention of them "possibly" being fakes.  

Maybe Kirby did them.