• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pacific Comics Companion

17 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2023 at 8:52 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

I first saw Pacific comics at my LCS when they had boxes and boxes of remaindered stock. Sold for pennies too! I had quite a collection, some were quite daring too.

I had seen Captain Victory somewhere but I was getting my books direct from a newsstand delivery company so wasn't familiar with most of their books.  When I was opening my shop, Phil Sueling offered me three long boxes of mixed Pacific titles for $10 each. 

Elric, Alien Encounters, and Twisted Tales were my favorites.  Groo took a while to grow on me, as did the Rocketeer.

Fantastic! If it's a subject I'm remotely interested in and I see Jon Cooke's name on it, I'm in. 

I thought once I got "Wild Animals" #1 about 10 years ago that I completed the Pacific library, but I don't have the partially obscured one by the Rocketeer's left hand. 

Anyone know what the full title of that is? Is it a regular comic or a GN?  

On 5/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, jdandns said:

Fantastic! If it's a subject I'm remotely interested in and I see Jon Cooke's name on it, I'm in. 

I thought once I got "Wild Animals" #1 about 10 years ago that I completed the Pacific library, but I don't have the partially obscured one by the Rocketeer's left hand. 

Anyone know what the full title of that is? Is it a regular comic or a GN?  

I feel like that is one of the Bernie Wrightson Master of the Macabre comics - (but that is just a guess).

On 5/25/2023 at 10:00 AM, seanfingh said:

I feel like that is one of the Bernie Wrightson Master of the Macabre comics - (but that is just a guess).

Confirmed - that is the cover to #1

On 5/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, seanfingh said:

Confirmed - that is the cover to #1

Actually - not confirmed. That is the Rocketeer's right hand.  I don't know what that other book is.

Its the first comic published by the pacific guys.    I forget what its called but I remember a previous convo about the book on the boards here.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:45 PM, Bronty said:

From the pacific comics wikipedia:

• ONE (1977), #1

It's a magazine.Pretty sure it's in B&W.They did a ton of portfolios.One by Eisner that is goibg for several hundred dollars now.I didn't try to get those but I am still chasing some of their catalogs & preview flyers.They also released some BNs under the Blue Dolphin imprint and maube some listed as Schanes & Schanes.I'd have to dig mine out.Some really great stuff once you start digging.

And don't forget Rog 2000!

Edited by Toz