• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[GRADE NOW IN] PGM Captain Britain #1 - 1st Appearance of Brian Braddock / Captain Britain
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Another for consideration to submit. Has the original mask included (but will get the green label due to unwitnessed Stan Lee sig). Any ideas on the possible grade?

Captain_Britain_1_A_S.thumb.jpg.4064177317219f669d08f3aae7d27188.jpg

Captain_Britain_1_B_S.thumb.jpg.77b5a3d2b479381b7767065943cabc9d.jpg

Edited by Every Day A Story
Grade added

These are so hard to guess which way to go. I got a 9.2 on mine (in both my journals & albums). I'd say this looks as good, so >9.2. Paper looks pretty clean, which is a biggie. Personally, I've started to detest the Stan Lee signature. It looks genuine enough, although it lacks his trademark "cover up the art & be generally unattractive" flair. 

Didn't submit via CGC in the end due to the signature (didn't want to get green qualified label). I won't post an image, but the book came back a 8.5 with the following notes:

• light spine, edge & corner wear some breaks color
  • minor creasing middle spine front cover partially breaks color
  • light tanning to spine & cover edges

Perhaps most importantly, Stan's Signature was verified.