• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite out of context panel pages

8 posts in this topic

We all love panel pages that advance our favorite stories, but sometimes you can squint and there seems to be another story that can be read into that page. Occasionally you don't need to squint at all.

What are some of your favorite panel pages that can be read out of context?

My favorite in my collection is from Rachel Rising. I get a chuckle from this page, but it's actually a sinister meeting. 

Spoiler

The little girl, Zoe, is possessed by a demon and wants to bury her sister, who is in the car trunk. The guy, under the spell of a witch, had just buried his girlfriend. Zoe kills the guy after he helps her. Both dead women later rise from the dead.  

rachel rising 4p11.jpg

Terry Moore art and story

Edited by Hekla
creator credit

There was a coffee shop in town that used to display the “Mark Trail Panel of the Week.”  They said that there was always one panel in every week of Mark Trail strips that, if taken out of context, could be construed as very ‘wrong.’  After looking at Mark Trail through that lens, I came to conclusion that they were right.  

On 5/31/2023 at 6:44 AM, Wyndchill said:

There was a coffee shop in town that used to display the “Mark Trail Panel of the Week.”  They said that there was always one panel in every week of Mark Trail strips that, if taken out of context, could be construed as very ‘wrong.’  After looking at Mark Trail through that lens, I came to conclusion that they were right.  

bass hole.jpg