• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 question
1 1

6 posts in this topic

So I'm wondering what would be more desirable as they are selling for around the same price- Amazing Spiderman 238 (1st Hobgoblin) in either blue upper mid grade (around 7.0-7.5) or green (missing tatoos) high grade (9.2)? Both have white pages. Personally I don't care either way for the tatoos but wondering which is the better buy. 

Edited by Cushing Fan

If you’re just buying for yourself, I’d take the higher grade one. Investment wise? You always want the complete book bc that’s what collectors will want. So if you’re planning to resale it down the road, the lower grade but complete book would be the better buy.

On 6/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Also, I’d want a green where the tattoos were carefully removed.   You don’t want a copy that qualifies staple tears. 

Here is my ASM 248 green 9.2. Just pulled it from the collection and forgot it has off-white to white pages but it looks great with no staple tears. As this book is in my private collection,  I'll probably not sell it for a lower grade blue. Thank you everyone for all your advice!

Screenshot_20230602_142731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230603_183557_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Cushing Fan